Jump to content

problem with moveObject function


Kas7

Recommended Posts

Why the Object is back to normal after 1000*9
 
Trees =  createObject ( 687, -1430.41699, -2479.06812, 44, 0, 0, 90 )
MarkerTrees = createMarker ( -1430.48157, -2480.47974, 46.21198,"checkpoint",1.2,0,255,0,255)

function MoveTrees(hitElement,matchingDimension)
xT,yT,zT = getElementPosition(Trees)
    moveObject (Trees,1000*9,xT,yT,zT,40,0,0)
end
addEventHandler("onMarkerHit", MarkerTrees, MoveTrees)
Edited by Kas7
  • Like 1
Link to post

Hi!
It's looks like a bug, or maybe it's a "tree mechanism", and trees always stay vertical.

Here you can see, it's rotated because I can stand on the rotated tree.
image.png.8cbec715f6ea30a5b652e42d1f0c61d6.png

  • Like 4
Link to post

Hmm interesting, I knew that there were objects with strange behaviours but I didn't expect it to be with trees. There is of course the wind animation used by some trees, which might be related to the bug.

 

In that case he can try to freeze the object.

setElementFrozen(Trees, true)

Or if that doesn't work, attach the tree to an element 1 that isn't a tree.

https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/AttachElements

 

Edited by IIYAMA
  • Like 2
Link to post
3 hours ago, Patrick said:

Hi!
It's looks like a bug, or maybe it's a "tree mechanism", and trees always stay vertical.

Here you can see, it's rotated because I can stand on the rotated tree.
image.png.8cbec715f6ea30a5b652e42d1f0c61d6.png

 
 
 
 
 
87/5000
 
 
 
Yes you are right when I modify createObject the same mistake happens
Edited by Kas7
  • Like 1
Link to post
2 hours ago, IIYAMA said:

Or if that doesn't work, attach the tree to an element 1 that isn't a tree.

 

yeah that will solve the problem but not gonna fix the function this function need to be fixed

  • Like 2
Link to post

 

oh

 

3 hours ago, IIYAMA said:

Hmm interesting, I knew that there were objects with strange behaviours but I didn't expect it to be with trees. There is of course the wind animation used by some trees, which might be related to the bug.

 

In that case he can try to freeze the object.


setElementFrozen(Trees, true)

Or if that doesn't work, attach the tree to an element 1 that isn't a tree.

https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/AttachElements

 

I replaced the {ID} of the tree to {656} and it worked normally
instead of {687}

Edited by Kas7
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
22 minutes ago, Kas7 said:

 

oh

 

I replaced the {ID} of the tree to {656} and it worked normally
instead of {687}

 

It must have been an unlucky tree, nature can be ruthless sometimes.  😜

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...