Excuse me for asking it feels wrong but I haven't found anything about it.

mitoshi

Ok so something I've been stuck with for a few years after simply wondering about it for too long is that I am trying to do this specific thing but it never works.
My problem is if I make a map inside of MTA and convert it to samp it all works out perfectly but convertffs for me doesn't work the other way round.
Maybe it's the spaces within my "map script" I've tried to have no spaces in between each objects and I've tried different amounts of spaces as well which I've replaced with CTRL+F from one to the others but no matter what I can't seem to figure out how to make it function within samp.
MTA is still fantastic and most say Lua is easy to learn but I am afraid I'll get stone to death for even daring to wonder which I've figured out from certain forums already making me feel like my existence is a problem in itself or that I can't even get curious about it without complaining based on what others are saying or at least what I'd suppose they'd say...
Therefore after a long enough time of waiting I've decided to beat my fear no matter how long I've been playing this and decided to ask a very simple question.

Now I really much hope others won't bash me for asking an as simple question as
"How can I convert samp objects back to mta again so I can actually view my map"?
But I am forced to because I haven't even found a relatable topic in here, either that or I can't find stuff and or it was deleted already.
Seems like yet once again I am late to another party but I don't easily take chances so therefore I am left alone so I am sorry that I am only asking now and in these late times but I can't help but to wonder until that gets out of the way.

From my previous understanding and in older version's it seems like only the .map file as well as the folder obviously was needed but in case I am needing to fill up the
mapEditorScriptingExtension_c.Lua & mapEditorScriptingExtension_s.Lua then tell me I suppose the meta.xml is needed and for that I've used this:

<meta>
    <oop>true</oop>
    <info type="map" version="0.0.1"></info>
    <map src="failedwip.map" dimension="0"></map>
    <settings>
        <setting name="#maxplayers" value="[ 128 ]"></setting>
        <setting name="#useLODs" value="[ false ]"></setting>
        <setting name="#gamespeed" value="[ 1 ]"></setting>
        <setting name="#minplayers" value="[ 0 ]"></setting>
        <setting name="#gravity" value="[ 0.008 ]"></setting>
        <setting name="#waveheight" value="[ 0 ]"></setting>
        <setting name="#locked_time" value="[ true ]"></setting>
        <setting name="#weather" value="[ 0 ]"></setting>
        <setting name="#time" value="12:0"></setting>
    </settings>
    <script src="mapEditorScriptingExtension_s.Lua" type="server"></script>
    <script src="mapEditorScriptingExtension_c.Lua" type="client" validate="false"></script>
</meta>

(yes I did include the required space in the end)

When it comes to the "w,i,p.map" itself which could possibly be the only reason it's not working I am personally thinking the tabbing of the spaces might not be correct.
Something is obviously missing but I can't be the only one who's trying doing the opposite way rather then simply from mta to samp.
I've already made another map (this ain't it) but it should be an allright enough example for what I am trying to so I hope my way of "presenting it out" made sense because I know (my way of saying it is too long to read.:-(

<map edf:definitions="editor_main">
    <object id="object (BinNt07_LA) (1)" breakable="true" interior="0" alpha="255" dimension="0" model="1337" scale="1" doublesided="false" collisions="true" posX="2482.6001" posY="-1687.1" posZ="13.2" rotX="0" rotY="0" rotZ="0"></object>
    <object id="object (BinNt07_LA) (2)" breakable="true" interior="0" alpha="255" dimension="0" model="1337" scale="1" doublesided="false" collisions="true" posX="2480.3999" posY="-1686.3" posZ="13.2" rotX="0" rotY="0" rotZ="0"></object>
    <object id="object (BinNt07_LA) (3)" breakable="true" interior="0" alpha="255" dimension="0" model="1337" scale="1" doublesided="false" collisions="true" posX="2477.8" posY="-1685.5" posZ="13.2" rotX="0" rotY="0" rotZ="0"></object>
    <object id="object (BinNt07_LA) (4)" breakable="true" interior="0" alpha="255" dimension="0" model="1337" scale="1" doublesided="false" collisions="true" posX="2475.1001" posY="-1685" posZ="13.1" rotX="0" rotY="0" rotZ="0"></object>
    <object id="object (BinNt07_LA) (5)" breakable="true" interior="0" alpha="255" dimension="0" model="1337" scale="1" doublesided="false" collisions="true" posX="2472.8999" posY="-1684" posZ="13.1" rotX="0" rotY="0" rotZ="0"></object>
</map>

(once again yes I did include the required space in the end but that's just another thing I will never understand)

So this is how MTA thinks of it but why does it look like this when I use convertffs and to this day there's possibly no normal way accessible to everyone with users such as myself that are forced to have this question because I really have no clue how to put:

{ -- 'This: ?' --
<object id="object (BinNt07_LA) (1)" breakable="true" interior="0" alpha="255" dimension="0" model="1337" scale="1" doublesided="false" collisions="true" posX="2482.6001" posY="-1687.1" posZ="13.2" rotX="0" rotY="0" rotZ="0"></object>
{

} -- 'Into: !' --
<object id="convertFFS (obviously)" model="id" posX="?" posY="?" posZ="?" rotX="?" rotY="?" rotZ="?" dimension="#" interior="#" />
}

So does anyone have some program which is able to convert this nonsense into a normal file that actually works? Because I don't have such knowledge and I by any means am not scripter/programmer and obviously I thought such a basic tool would have been available since convertffs screwed it all up and put it in a way that makes no sense what so ever to me.

If it was just the <map edf:definitions="editor_main">, object, & </map> that'd be so much simpler but I for now I can't seem to understand simple terms of scripting itself.

The only reason I haven't categorized this into a forum is because I wasn't sure between maps (well it's not) & scripting help (I guess it could be used but I ain't too certain of it as this just doesn't fit) This is a long read but for those that do spend they're time I highly value, those that include something in the works or suggest something that may lead to the answer to my question is highly appreciated as well and I'd appreciate it so much even if it's just that. I hope that in anything I've said doesn't look that I am complaining or anything, sure it is my fault I didn't put it in the correct forum but then again it's not that easy for this one.

1 hour ago, qaisjp said:

I don't really understand what your question is

First of all thanks for replying I am honored to get an answer straight away from a member of the MTA team and I am greatful for your time to begin with.

I actually wrote a reply to this previously but then firefox decided to stop functioning so although it makes much less sense it's shorter...

Ok so the way I see it is that there are two different "script variations" that's what I'll call them, now, whether that's a valid statement I don't know, it might not even be a thing but I don't know why it's built like that.

Here's the one that the map editor uses
"Script Variation" #A

Here is the one that the convertffs uses
"Script Variation" #B
<object id="convertFFS (obviously)" model="id" posX="?" posY="?" posZ="?" rotX="?" rotY="?" rotZ="?" dimension="#" interior="#" />

For now I won't be using the <map edf:definitions="editor_main"> </map> that's supposed to be there and I'll try understanding the supposed use of it that I am not grasping.

The problem is that it feels like two different separate versions (Which it might not be at all but why does the first version have more use then the first one?)

It's as if I had to convert different "types" from a different set of "script variations" or it could just even be a split subtype.

The way my .map file is now the MTA map editor can't read it for example it could only read
This one: Object<ID> PosX<> PosY<> PosZ<> Interior<> But not: ModelID<> CoordinateX<> CoordinateY<> CoordinateZ<> Dimension<>

(ON A OFFTOPIC NOTE:
Interior and Dimension are actually two different things or one of them could just another word for a world I've never grasped that either but that doesn't matter)

And what's my issue? Well it feels like only one of the "script variations" are required to function properly and I am having to convert each word/type of those things and even reorder different words when I am only able to
replace words with CTRL+F but cannot reorder them as well as some of the symbols, there just has to be a better way without having to do it all manually.

(ANOTHER OFFTOPIC SIDE NOTE:
Am I the only one still using convertffs? There may be other tools and I might not even know however there's more vehicle's stuff then object's related stuff and that's another thing that never made sense but enough about that)

The worst part about it is that there's no difference because it's just another type but I haven't yet learned or figured out a trick which is able to arrange it succesfully so it's in the right format.

What makes absolutely no sense at all though is that the first variation has more stuff then the other variation for the last time so even if I was able to use the correct version and even if I reordered it I'd still mess it up and have left overs that I'd have no clue how to avoid,
except now I am having to do it the other way round and include things such as the solidity of the model, scaling and doublesidedness.

Yeah you can already tell I am hoping there's no more because I really can't be bothered with going through every model I've already carefully placed and in actuality already thought about with now that just jungling up the results and making it harder then it should be.

Maybe you can tell that I've mapped it in MTA and put it in the other client but any time I want to convert MTA stuff into SAMP and then back it always goes wrong and even though I could use the construction tool it's nowhere near as good as what you guys offer over here.

• Confused 1
  • Administrators

Hello and welcome to the forums @mitoshi, we appreciate you opening new threads for subjects you're unsure about so long as the questions aren't answered elsewhere. When posting to most subforums there will be a parent thread for guidelines. We recommend reading these prior to posting so that the right details are added for others to easily help you.

There's a selection of tools which converts between the mapping formats. A while back I had bogged Patrick into writing a new one. Can you please see if that one does the trick?