My game speeds up and slows down making me look like i cheat

What I mean is that for some reason my game speeds up making me alot quicker when I drive a vehicle which makes it seem like I'm cheating. I heared that the problem can come from the graphics card. Well I have a pc that came with built in Nvidia graphics and I have a ATI Radeon PCI express 1600 PRO. Can that be the problem? Having two cores working at the same time? I got kicked from game's many times for this reason. Plz help.

You have a dual-core processor? If so yes it's a known issue that dual core processors speed you up, and has nothing to do with your video card. I don't know if there's a way to fix it. Maybe try setting affinity to one processor in task manager for gta-sa.exe.

edit: check the bottom of page 2 in this thread: http://mtavc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t= ... &&start=15

Well Can I just turn off my built in graphics? I mean it is Nvidia which shouldnt work to well with ATI.

He thinks that he's using both video cards at the same time.. How pathetic of him.

Turn your computer around and take a look - which card is your monitor plugged into?

But I really do not think that this is the problem. Your probably have a dual core CPU. I saw a solution for that, search on google (or these forums).

Nforce is the chipset...

NO WAY!??!?! /sarcasm

I know what Nforce is, however there is also an on board graphics chips. If you'd like I'll bring up a whole slew of documentation showing they make onboard graphics. Notice how the north bridge is a Geforce not Nforce? Geforce would be their graphics chips... :roll:

Well I only have one graphics card and when I bought the computer on the box it said that it haves built in grapchics. But no it does not have two graphics card's running at the same time. I went to programs on my PC and found what was called nvidia drivers. I am not sure if thats the problem and if it is then how do you disable it? I'm not that good at this technical crap. It also happens when I play single player and it gets real annoying. I guess since the ATI card and the built in graphics are working so hard and fast the the game is trying to keep up. Im not sure whats going on and I heared of people having this problem but I never seen a solution. Oh and sorry for not replying in a while it's because I completely removed the nvidia drives and for some reason my computer wouldnt let me go on the internet anymore so I had to re-format my PC. I just couldnt believe how it didnt ask me if I was sure to remove the drives from my system!?!?!? Anyway if any of you can help then plz give me soe info. Thnx in advance. :wink:

I went to programs on my PC and found what was called nvidia drivers. I am not sure if thats the problem and if it is then how do you disable it?

Are you sure you've downloaded the latest drivers of ATI?

Oh and sorry for not replying in a while it's because I completely removed the nvidia drives and for some reason my computer wouldnt let me go on the internet anymore so I had to re-format my PC.

Did you remove your Network software too? That could have been your problem, why you couldnt connect or something.

Screwston..... you need to tell us what CPU you have.

Go to Start > Control Panel > System, and tell us what it says in the General tab under 'Computer:'.

Or just right click on my computer and choose properties, and look at the bottom left window that comes up. :P

Go to Start > Control Panel > System, and tell us what it says in the General tab under 'Computer:'.

Or just right click on my computer and choose properties, and look at the bottom left window that comes up. :P

Ok well this is what I have.. Acer Incorporated AMD Anthlon 64X2 dual core Processor 3800+ 2.01 GHz, 2.00 GB of RAM Physical address Extension. I'm not sure if these are the right specs but hopefully they are.

Ok well this is what I have.. Acer Incorporated AMD Anthlon 64X2 dual core Processor 3800+ 2.01 GHz, 2.00 GB of RAM Physical address Extension. I'm not sure if these are the right specs but hopefully they are.

Okay so you do have a dual core processor.. and it's 99% likely that it's the cause of your problems.

You'll have to disable one of the cores for gta_sa.exe process. Usually you would start the game, open task manager, right click gta_sa.exe, and uncheck one of the processors, but you since can't minimize in R1.1, not sure how you can do this. :?