Banned by MTA

• MTA Anti-Cheat Team

Temporary bans cannot be appealed, but due to the size of this situation (as in: the amount of bans and their extent) I made a template reply:

We recently became aware of a movement in which a vendor is selling "4Life / PyLife" mining bots that provide automatisation of a civilian job to make ingame money without effort.. this certainly isn't the first time, they are designed to evade human and scripted detection very well, and all past bots have been getting detected by MTA (but a little slower and differently, because such bots arent "classic cheats" like you would expect).

The problem consists of a couple of components:

1. Polish servers such as 4Life and PyLife are so big, that there is automatically a market for such abuse and tools. MTA always tries to keep the game fair, even when it's not a straight up cheat (also, most of our current protections are focussed on the latter)

2. Polish players that abuse such tools typically don't care about bans, their mentality is "ah, I will just use a different PC.. also, the server in question probably won't ban me, its an MTA detection only, and if they do, they will never get my entire presence effectively).

3. The developers of such tools (like for example the person in https://forum.multitheftauto.com/topic/125549-banned-by-mta/), knowing that MTA technology regarding such bots isn't perfect yet (due to it, like explained in point 1, not being a "classic cheat"), will constantly change their virtual input method when the previous one gets patched. Because we still need to get ahead here, there are more chances to get a working bot out on the market, and we may need to take more effective steps to stop it.

4. Occasionally, someone that has bad intentions is behind the coordination of a new "botting" surge, like is currently the case with this particular bot, as you can see at https://forum.multitheftauto.com/topic/125548-banned-by-mta/ (check the "Update" note at the very bottom). This makes it even more important to deal with it in a solid way.

Our solution to the problem:

1. Detect the bots and their virtualized input method (obviously), server detection SD #31 and #32 will also be constantly updated to be able to cancel more types of virtual input.

2. Don't just kick a player when they run a bot that is detected. Ban them, for a couple of days.

3. If possible, ban all of the PC's that a player has, so that we resolve the earlier mentioned point of "Polish players that abuse such tools typically don't care about bans, their mentality is "ah, I will just use a different PC"

In this case, of your appeal..

20 hours ago, amvikk0 said:

serial - 70F05ECDFBB65AEA06AA451183B775F2

The ban is a result of cheating using this bot on a different serial: 038BE368436434E53FD4C537BE10E2E4. The verdict that it's you is solid, and like I said, temporary bans cannot be appealed - please accept your mistake and wait until the ban expires in 5 days. This time however, you guys will feel it, not just like you're going to use a disposable machine to use it on, "just in case you get banned".