How can I replace a collision file for GTA SA?

Hello guys.. 

Recently, I edited an object with 3ds max. And I extracted all the files needed. 

DFF

COL

TXD

I've imported the Dff and Txd. And i tried to import the collision file but sadly i couldn't. Everything worked fine but the added things have a broken collison. 

Notice : i want to replace it with gta sa, not MTA. 

Please help.. 

• Administrators

I've never created a collision for single player, but for what I know, a .col archive in single player contains collision models for several objects. You'll want to name the stored collisions that of the .dff or the internal object name (all guesswork). So if you have 5 .dff files named box1 through box5, you'll want to have a .col file with 5 collision models stored, named box1 through box5.

Eventually see the collision guide 

11 hours ago, Tut said:

I've never created a collision for single player, but for what I know, a .col archive in single player contains collision models for several objects. You'll want to name the stored collisions that of the .dff or the internal object name (all guesswork). So if you have 5 .dff files named box1 through box5, you'll want to have a .col file with 5 collision models stored, named box1 through box5.

Eventually see the collision guide 

Omg!! Thank you so much! 

There is another problem now.. 

After i replaced the new collision with the old one, it worked in GTA. 

But its broken in MTA or doesn't exist.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, The_Rich# said:

Omg!! Thank you so much! 

There is another problem now.. 

After i replaced the new collision with the old one, it worked in GTA. 

But its broken in MTA or doesn't exist.

GTA and MTA treats collision files differently. In GTA your .col file can store multiple collision models. In MTA it can only load 1 of the stored collision models. So when you add a .dff to MTA, you also add a .col file.

2 hours ago, Tut said:

GTA and MTA treats collision files differently. In GTA your .col file can store multiple collision models. In MTA it can only load 1 of the stored collision models. So when you add a .dff to MTA, you also add a .col file.

Not what i mean.. 

I mean that i want to import an object with it's collision to GTA and i want it to appear in Mta. 

For example: you've installed a new car in GTA so that it will appear just for you in MTA. 

That's what i want with collision files. 

I've replaced the stored col file and it appeared just in GTA. 

And thank you for helping me. You are great! 

• Administrators

Hello, thank you for clarifying. 

What you want isn't possible in in MTA. It blocks custom collision files that don't share the same data as the original ones. This is due to the very exploitable nature of collisions. 

I believe you can allow custom collisions through your server config. At least you can allow/disallow custom gta3.img among other things, so it's worth checking.

It brings me back to when I tried to remove the walls of a jail model that a server was using so that I'd be able to break out by running through the walls... unfortunately that plan failed