MTA racing how is it?

Guest zaphod4007

Question

alright, I don't have MTA yet, and I haven't played it for San Andreas, but I'm interested in the racing mostly. I've heard that when you race in MTA: SA the speed of your car is dependent on the speed of your computer. that would piss me off. I want to know from some people here who play MTA: SA how the racing is. Is this computer speed thing a problem? Does MTA lag too much to race anyway? And does anyone have any experience playing this over a lan? Thanks

10 answers to this question

There's lag in every game, the only problem in mta is players at different frame rates, the method used to sync vehicles is good if everyone has a low ping and a good/similar frame rate.. but it can look very choppy if that isn't the case. The general gameplay is great though, try it for yourself 8)

There's lag in every game, the only problem in mta is players at different frame rates, the method used to sync vehicles is good if everyone has a low ping and a good/similar frame rate.. but it can look very choppy if that isn't the case. The general gameplay is great though, try it for yourself 8)

Bit true.. bit not ..

The lagg @ MTA has a really big difference than games like CSS or COD2.. Just for example .. Its about smoothness, which you'll never completely see at MTA, but you do at other games, just because the owner of the game, made a MP with it.. And not like MTA, what also would make a difference I guess... And still, if I play with some friends SA race mod, that there is still a rare lagg available which is obviously not normal, even when a friend is sitting next to me playing the game.. The shocking 'forwards' etc makes it really annoying.. So I'm hoping to see some improvements at the newer releases of MTA.. I'll be sure of that.. But yeah, the race-mod is fine ofcourse.. But this is how I think about SA online..

I saw soemone mention today

"SA-MP sync is going to be perfect."

I shut him up right away. I'm not a MTA die hard guy. I love MTA but I don't handle it as an issue over life and death. Let people speak as they may. But I think the sync the MTA team has established is amazing. If any of you ever played MTA:VC you'd notice the vast improvement. Everytime I play and get next to someone, side by side and see his every move. I wanna cry.

lol

I have to disagree to some extent here.. although I think that the method used to limit FPS is clever, it still doesn't solve all the advantages of having a better computer than the other guy.

I've totally fixed my computer, its above average specifications, and the game flows perfectly. But I have seen one or two people who still seem to have an advantage in accelleration. No jerkiness either.

I have to disagree to some extent here.. although I think that the method used to limit FPS is clever, it still doesn't solve all the advantages of having a better computer than the other guy.

I've totally fixed my computer, its above average specifications, and the game flows perfectly. But I have seen one or two people who still seem to have an advantage in accelleration. No jerkiness either.

I don't see how that's possible unless it's cheating or bike leaning. Do you know about bike lean?