GTA3:MTA ever gonna be fixed a bit?

Hey everyone!

Just lately i've had this urge to play gta3 online and the only one (as everyone knows) is MTA. Now, mta blue sux to put it nicely. sorry i really dont like it :( but i was wondering are you ever gonna fix any of the little bugs in mta 0.5? after all you did put an error reporter in so you could detect and fix the bugs.... also everyone that still plays mta 0.5 would be really happy :)

Just think of all the people that like to play mta but don't have a pc powerful enough for SA. You must have learnt a lot from doing MTA blue so maybe take 1 day or something out and fix all the little things in gta3 please! crashing isn't that frequent but i'm sure you know how to fix it. maybe add a few more characters and weapons in too for SSV. i'm begging you here!!! anyone that agrees there should be some little fixes to GTA3:MTA and VC please repost :)

Hope to hear from people soon!

It should be noted that MTA:SA isnt MTA blue, its merely built upon it. Blue is the core, somethign that will fix the issues you are complainign about regarding 0.5

We tried to get an improved version of 0.5 out but frankly the code it was built upon was just too flawed and overstretched. Desync was a major issue and one that didn't seem to have an obvious answer. Though we did of course try many things. Then, with most of the 0.5 team going offline or having real life things to take care of, the remainder of the team decided to concentrate on the new technology and all it has to offer instead.

Edit: I notice you have spent 58 hours playing the 'crap' mtavc :P

aww ok then :( well i hope one day they do go back to making multiplayer for gta3 cuz imo its the best gta.

Wheres the desync? sorry you must think i'm mad but GTA3 on SSV had great sync! i was playing just last night and it was well synced :)

oh and the 58 hours? 5 were single player and the rest were rumble.

I'll leave by saying please remake a mod for gta3! get some more on the team that can write on the blue core for gta3 :P

• 1 year later...

Perhaps one day, when the new core is released the old core will be made open sourced. There's a lot of updated stuff I'd gladly hand out to whomever wants to take it from there. Obvious problems and questions arise in doing that though, so I would not hold my breath for the MTA team to do that.

Multiplayer functionality in GTA3 should not be left unattended, the game deserves it. It's pure GTA. 8)

edit: uh-oh, I hope an admin fixes my avatar info before people read this, as it is slightly out of date. :wink: