My new !!! -> HALFPIPE <- !!! map.

Guest M!C

My New Halfpipe Map with Fullpipe: "M!C PipeDream".

I've just finished a halfpipe map. The halfpipe takes up about 1/8th of Santos' Airport. It's like a stunt course without any premade stunt objects -choose your vehicle, use the ramps to get a starting position (or not) and then go. It is HUGE.

You can pull off some insane tricks. With an infernus you can get about 10 car-lengths (front to back) above the lip of the halfpipe. I've done 180s, 360s, 540s backflips and some wierd twisty tricks in cars and some insane twisting stunts on the nrg bike. :twisted:

Recommended vehicles:

:arrow:Beginner : Sultan, Sanchez (Both good for learning as they grip)

:arrow:Intermediate : NRG (bike), Sandking

:arrow:Advanced : Infernus (for air), Bullet (my favourite, 180s).

I have been testing it on my server M!XServer and on GrishServer. You can get it form the center via the following link:

http://www.center.mtasa.com/?p=race&r=2676

Here are some screens, although they don't really do the map justice. The halfpipe will vanish because the max draw distance of the bridge pieces is too low to see the opposite side from a side. To get a better idea of what the map is like and what can be done on it please

DOWNLOAD THE VIDEO: :arrow:http://www.upload2.net/download2/rIQYwl ... o.avi.html

The video is encoded using DIVX.

mcpipedream15jb.th.jpg mcpipedream28db.th.jpg mcpipedream42jy.th.jpg mcpipedream56sc.th.jpg mcpipedream31ed.th.jpg mcpipedream61za.th.jpg

Edited by Guest
I keep hitting the edge of an object at the bottom of the half pipes. I think you should've used a different object to create the halfpipes.

I may remake the track with a different piece a lot later but i used these bridge pieces because most other objects are not flat enough, thin enough and the right length. Unforutnately i could not avoid a seam in the middle of the track no matter how many attempts I made at re-doing it. I settled with this version because you will only get tripped up by the middle seam if you are driving along it. If you drive across it you won't flip.

As for the crashing into an object at the bottom of the track could you take a screenshot of where you keep tripping up (highlight the area with a circle or something) and mail me it?

If anyone has a suggestion of an object to use instead of the wooden bridge pieces I'm all ears, but keep in mind that it must be perfectly flat. Long straight road pieces don't work unless the curbs are trimmed off (the curbs will interfere when you reach high speeds). Road pieces also tend to be too long - the halfpipe is wide enough already. If you find an object that's about as wide as a section of the half pipe (from the outside to the gap in the middle) please post here.

Additionally: How to race to get air in cars: (Don't read this if you're not having any trouble tricking on the halfpipes)

I've found that most people when first trying this course get an infernus or a bullet (or another fast car) and hit the track only to die in 20 secs or so. That's no fun :cry: . Instead try a sultan and start by doing circles around the bottom of a halfpipe, crossing the middle seam at the apex of your height. Then elongate the circles towards the lips of the pipe so that you start to get air, making sure that all the turns you do are as gentle as possible (without rolling the car). Gentle turns lead to no speed loss when you turn around which means you can get massive airs. When you've got the hang of this change to a bullet, infernus or turismo and do the same. I also find that once you have gotten enough speed up to get air, you should go straight along the pipe until you reach the second bridge piece from the top of the pipe. When you reach the second from the top, start your turn to do a 180.

I hope this helps. :)

If you can give me something specific.. an object number maybe, then i'd use it but from my experience using fences and barriers to run on they are no good. They are far smaller than what i've used (the wood bridges) and they are very very hard to line up because you can see through them and you don't have an indication of their physics box/shape given what they look like. The industrial fences (around the militray base in the desert) have barb wire which does not follow the same plane as the rest of the chain mesh fence. This means it is very hard to line up visually. I could have ridges in the physics box and not even know about it - leading to the crashing problems you've found. Can you name a specific object?

Can you name a specific object?

This is nicely sized, though somewhat bigger than what you have for halfpipes currently. The only problems with this piece is that it's butt ugly and you can't select it by clicking on it, but the elements list is easy enough to use. I made a half pipe with this in about 10 minutes. The fence is see-though, but there are also solid beams you can line up easily.

To make things much easier be sure to use CTRL + F9 to copy the object in the same location as well as SHIFT + MOUSE SCROLL to rotate objects in large increments (rotate 180 degrees to effectively mirror the fence on the other side and keep the same slope. Very useful after finishing one side of the halfpipe). That should help you line everything up easily.