• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive suggested this before, but here it goes again:

walking peds should be included,but not synced. just make it so they dont have any physics! so they dont effect tragectory or anything. that way, we can have peds, but no bandwidth is taken

hmm - i mean that once that person is dead, the client takes over what happens to it, if the player wants to pump it full of lead, and make more blood that doesnt really matter. smae with explosions

as soon as the car explodes the client takes care of the explosion, so that each client sees the explosion differently, but the impact is the same.

What the heck are you guys talking about?! If MTA were to include AI peds of any kind, we would want them to be synced. "Why," you ask? Think of it this way: you and another guy are both on foot and in a firefight. On your screen you have a shitload of peds between you and him, but he doesn't see any peds between him and you. So your shots at him are absorbed by peds, but his shots hit you.

i suggested that peds not be synced. but i also said that any physics code should be removed so the peds have absolutely no effect on the game (that includes bullets) so they are there, they just dont do anything, cept walk around, talk, and maybe get hit by cars (without effecting the car's trajectory)

hiya all..

I just thought.. i'm pretty sure someone like John Carmack (GOD) or some other really great NetCode programmer would beable to help with some basic code to eliminate the LAG and have some kind of player perdiction system in the MOD.. i dont know too much about stuff like this, but i recon their is someone who would give some free advice if you just asked them nicely, or what about if you were to the source code for Quake or Quakeworld.. is their a way you can use that kind of technology into GTA3 or VC.. like use their technique or somthing.. i know it's not going to look anything like GTA3 code or what ever.. but it could help..

it's just a thought.. i could be really wrong in saying it..

I don't think we'll be getting help from someone like that. I'm sure there are a few resources on the internet that could help if we want to get into advanced netcode. Anyway, I'm confident in the new netcode, it's simple and effective, I don't think you have to worry about lag like in earlier versions.

I didn't really read all of the stuff in this thread, but syncing peds is a while away. If you just enable them, they will be different on everyone's computer. I wouldn't expect seeing synced peds for a while because it's going to take a special method to do it.

hmm - i mean that once that person is dead, the client takes over what happens to it, if the player wants to pump it full of lead, and make more blood that doesnt really matter. smae with explosions

as soon as the car explodes the client takes care of the explosion, so that each client sees the explosion differently, but the impact is the same.

I'm kinda wondering will visible damage (and explosions) in the cars be included in 0.3.5 ?

and death messages (along with deadbodys) ?

i really hope so ... :roll:

Yea death messages would be cool... because when u kill some 1 it takes a little while for the game to update and there acctually running back to there spawn location... and suddenly they teleport lol.. funny

So knoweing that you killed some 1 Would be REALLY COOL!...

I know it wont take long.. prehaps just in the winsock_dataarival have something that will know that the data is a death message like:

dim data as string

data = Mid(data,1,3)

and if winsock sent something like >>>PLAYER just died! you can see that its the command to send it to the game... So after that

winsock1.getdata data

Data=Mid(data,3,20)

im sure that 20 chraters wont be to many and to less :) peeps dnt really have huage names!...

:).. c u l8tr peeps

I'm pretty sure there'll be death messages. I worked a system out for it, that I'm pretty confident in, although it hasn't been tested (more important things at the time). They'll probably be like 'Tom killed Joe." Although there is a way to add which weapon they did it with, I'm not sure we'll add that. But Quake kinda messages would probably spice things up a bit, so I'll look into it :).