• MTA Team

On this beautifull sunday the team has had a chat session about the future of MTA. We decided to spend the next few weeks on bughunting and improvements to the current version. The next version of MTA will be 0.3.5 and will have the following features:

* improved netcode (fixes lag problem and creates real sync)

* all new GUI

* less bugs

* if possible : voice chat (depends on bandwith needs, maybe make it optional)

Other improvements like game modes and chat may come in 0.3.5 but are not the top priority at this moment. If not included they will stay planned for 0.4 .

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I really like the how this thing is turning out but yeah that whole lag/sync thing definetly needs some tweaking. If you can get it work tho that'd be fabulous.

Thanks for doing this for us tho. GTA 3 with multiplayer is a fun/halarious idea.

The lag problem definitely needs to be solved, that's for sure. As far as I'm concerned it's the ONLY thing necessary. The shooting did work (in a mega-laggy way, lol), and so did the "squash the f*cker!!!" method ;)

Can't wait to see this problem resolved, because if it had every cool feature under the sun & still the 5-15 second lag, I still wouldn't touch this project...

You guys are doing a fantastic job though, and as usual (and like everybody else here), CAN'T WAIT! lol

Good luck with the problem solving/feature implementation/etc/etc ;)

If you are having Mega Laggin in WinXP. Why don't you try to change window's Page File to Other Drive which GTAiii not installed on it.

This way will FiX the Lagging Problem or Periodic Lagging Problem. :wink:

Belive Me, you will gonna be suprised.

NOTE: Try to Change the Page File(PF) to Drive which is not installed windows and gtaiii.

I would really love to see text chat in the game. This would facilitate people arranging stunt comps, races etc in the game before any of the game modes are coded in. I suppose I could run in a window and just use msn...

5 to 15 Seconds lag? With how much players are you experiencing that amount of lag? When I develop, I test on my small homelan (2players) and the 'lag' is about 0.5 seconds for driving and walking, the shooting is still very affected by the lag though.

I would just like to see the animations for when people die... rather

than having them just dissapearing... Syncing problem... and Pedestrians :)

I would just like to see the animations for when people die... rather

than having them just dissapearing... Syncing problem... and Pedestrians :)

Working on it... I just finished making the cars damageable again, but only for collision, flipped and sunk status. This all needs to be tested, though, but the initial tests were succesful. I will continue to work on it, and make the cars vulnerable to bullets and fire and explosions, but that needs a lot more work. (making the animation for other players attacking your vehicle, or else you'd go like: wtf hit me?) Right now, i'll proceed making the modelchanging for team reckognition, and making the actor-death-scene (i can already tell you, that i cannot make the actor fall down like normal when he is shot, i will probably do the surrender animation, followed by the exhausted anim, and then make the actor go up into the sky, like a ghost. That is, until i can find all the other animations i need so badly, grr)

That's good to know you guys are fullsteam ahead...

Why wouldn't you be able to show the death animation, as a matter

of (coding) interest? I have to get back to boring work... i wish you required VB coders... :/

l8er

sometimes, like when I turn off kazaa, there is almost no lag at all, with like 4players,

I think ingame chat would be apreciated, im not complaining, it'd just be nice, but its good to see trx working so hard for us whgen we dont desrve it Thanks trx for everything