IPL problem!

I have a huge problem with map to ipl converting.

what have I done:

1. made a map with Race "map editor"

2. used map2ipl converter

3. map2ipl converter messed every rotation coordinate so I had to convert whole file (~ 300 coords) manually.

When I put it in game, the conclusion is total mess!

wierd2ch.jpg

Those rocks should be only small ones on the ground..

--------------------------------------

Ok, now I got that fixed. (it was pretty hard though).

Here's the new problem, map editors rotation coords:

-216.907440 2392.586914 51.078060

-2.356194 0.030000 -0.015000

Those rotation coords are 100% false/fake.. they are not "real!" (for some reason they seems to work in mta, but when placed in ipl, the model is not in the same posture as in mta.

So, how do I get the same "real" rotation's for my ipl objects as I see them in race map editor?

Edited by Guest
  • 3 weeks later...

rotations7gk.th.jpg

im too lazy to try out so: is it the read one only, or green rotation too?

i cant do much when i know it, but other poeple can do more if they've more info :) cause the numbers dont say a lot...

i think only the rotation indicated with green is saved, other rotations are put in the model (where else should they be, if they not in IPL?).

if im right, we need some mod, which will include the other rotations 2, i hope that can be done :blah5:

or someone who knows more 'bout it then me, should come up with an easier solution...

Edited by Guest
The rotations in the *.map files are radians and in the *.ipl files are quaternions. The map2ipl program correctly converts them, it works for others.

ok ive done some testing, because i got something i seriously want to put in my single player map.

every independent rotation is converted correctly, as long as the object is only rotated on one way (so only ctrl+ up/down or only home/end or only left/right). When you use multiple kinds of rotations for one object, it does not work correctlry.

Here you have screen. i used 2 ipls in this. every green line indicates objects from the IPL and every red line indicates a object from the .map file.

Objects A B and C are rotated with one kind of rotation. These were placed in IPL no. 1.

objects D and E are rotated with two kinds of rotations, these were placed in IPL no. 2.

mapfilebo0.th.png

the reason why you said it worked and we said it didnt is probably because you tested it with only 1 kind of rotation on each object, and we with multiple kinds of rotations.

Edited by Guest
  • 3 months later...