Random crashes

Kiztrum

Question

Title says it all. My game randomly crashes every 30-60 minutes. Sometimes I have to shut it down in task manager, sometimes it exits automatically. I've reinstalled MTA since then, the crashes still occur. A few months before I had kind of the same problem, but back then my screen started "flashing" as in my character and some assets in game started disappearing and appearing, same can be said about my HUD.

12 answers to this question

• Scripting Moderators

If you look at the log file, you can see information about the crash with "Offset = 0x003C91CC", which means "Out of video memory."
But you have ~4GB of video memory available and this shouldn't be a problem.
The only suspicion that can be is that the server is abusing VRAM usage (lack of optimization can be such a reason) and because of this, the game crashes/freezes.
For objectivity, it would be nice if you went to some server that doesn't have many mods (default freeroam server or something like that) and just played on it for a while.
If the crash does not happen, it is definitely a problem with the server you usually spend your time on.

2 hours ago, Sarrum said:

If you look at the log file, you can see information about the crash with "Offset = 0x003C91CC", which means "Out of video memory."
But you have ~4GB of video memory available and this shouldn't be a problem.
The only suspicion that can be is that the server is abusing VRAM usage (lack of optimization can be such a reason) and because of this, the game crashes/freezes.
For objectivity, it would be nice if you went to some server that doesn't have many mods (default freeroam server or something like that) and just played on it for a while.
If the crash does not happen, it is definitely a problem with the server you usually spend your time on.

Ok I'll check it out. Thanks.

• Moderators

If the server is really using all that amount of vram this is crazy .. What server you're facing these issues? (If it's a specific server)
@Kiztrum Type the command showmemstat in that server and send here a screenshot.

This may also be due to another program requiring a high use of vram. It depends on the server you are playing on, from what you said, it can be abuse and misuse of things in general on that server.

If you don't have this kind of issue on other servers, it definitely has to do with a particular server - in that case, your only option is to play on a better server, unless you want to face these issues again and again.

5 hours ago, DNL291 said:

If the server is really using all that amount of vram this is crazy .. What server you're facing these issues? (If it's a specific server)
@Kiztrum Type the command showmemstat in that server and send here a screenshot.

This may also be due to another program requiring a high use of vram. It depends on the server you are playing on, from what you said, it can be abuse and misuse of things in general on that server.

If you don't have this kind of issue on other servers, it definitely has to do with a particular server - in that case, your only option is to play on a better server, unless you want to face these issues again and again.

SeeMTA V3
They have a customizable UI and it has one that shows VRAM usage, which is usually 1GB with normal textures, and 1,4GB with HD textures. I use the normal textures.
The game also shows that it finds 4GB's of available VRAM. My card is an 8GB model, but that could be because of MTA's limitations. No idea.