New netcode idea

ijsf

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok people, back on topic about new netcode =)

lol - your right, i only did just notice how off topic we went... thanks bill =P

btw - mercanary pointed out that xerox "Posts: 1337" - thanks =)

Ohh KAy this is startin to piss me off, iv posted 3times now, 1st i got a error then it crashed my PC (BY JUS POSTING ??!!) So it best bloody work now or i give up.

A While back i posted....

Just out of curiousity (not rushing)... When will this next version be out.. ???.

/me sits back and waits for 'itll be ready when its ready' or 'done when its done'

.. Well jus out of curousity... Answer the darn question ! :D.

Also is this net code jus a like wild guess... Hoping that it will fix the lag OR are u definatly sure it will fix all (most) of the lag.

'Wer gonne TRY a new type of netcode'... Try dont sound so sure :D

funny story.. right after i finished that new netcode technique, I decided to switch cases.. my mobo and harddrive didn't survive.. :evil: but... luckily i emailed the source code to Vogel..

But yeah the new netcode will be great :-)

Made the change in about 30 minutes.. though there may be more things to do ..

Kent

it really is a 30 minute fix... we just had to change how the whole thing worked :-P

Honestly, I coded the server in a way originally so it would be easy to modify.. So its not a problem, we'll test it once my computer starts working, and Vogel finishes the clientside work..

I'm 90% sure the basics for the lag fix are done though

Kent

We r gonna have to combine his DNA with that of a frog and put him in an electrified enclosure, where sheep come up from the ground, LOL.

We need to comemorate his death and make a Mr. Bill day.

it really is a 30 minute fix... we just had to change how the whole thing worked :-P

Honestly, I coded the server in a way originally so it would be easy to modify.. So its not a problem, we'll test it once my computer starts working, and Vogel finishes the clientside work..

I'm 90% sure the basics for the lag fix are done though

Kent

your da man emot-hug.gif

Lol...

Anyway, what about that idea of having everything client side. Peds throw to players. That would wipe out small servers of people not on 1mbit connections but it would be a lot faster and LAN friendly?

:P

-eps-