New netcode idea

ijsf

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohh KAy this is startin to piss me off, iv posted 3times now, 1st i got a error then it crashed my PC (BY JUS POSTING ??!!) So it best bloody work now or i give up.

A While back i posted....

Just out of curiousity (not rushing)... When will this next version be out.. ???.

/me sits back and waits for 'itll be ready when its ready' or 'done when its done'

.. Well jus out of curousity... Answer the darn question ! :D.

Also is this net code jus a like wild guess... Hoping that it will fix the lag OR are u definatly sure it will fix all (most) of the lag.

'Wer gonne TRY a new type of netcode'... Try dont sound so sure :D

funny story.. right after i finished that new netcode technique, I decided to switch cases.. my mobo and harddrive didn't survive.. :evil: but... luckily i emailed the source code to Vogel..

But yeah the new netcode will be great :-)

Made the change in about 30 minutes.. though there may be more things to do ..

Kent

it really is a 30 minute fix... we just had to change how the whole thing worked :-P

Honestly, I coded the server in a way originally so it would be easy to modify.. So its not a problem, we'll test it once my computer starts working, and Vogel finishes the clientside work..

I'm 90% sure the basics for the lag fix are done though

Kent

it really is a 30 minute fix... we just had to change how the whole thing worked :-P

Honestly, I coded the server in a way originally so it would be easy to modify.. So its not a problem, we'll test it once my computer starts working, and Vogel finishes the clientside work..

I'm 90% sure the basics for the lag fix are done though

Kent

your da man emot-hug.gif