Why not regular deathmatch?

Smepy

I was just wondering, How come there is only team deathmatch and not just regular, I would like to see it free-for-all where you can choose your own player skin or a different model and just kill the others, There would still be vehicles and guns ofcourse.

Why wasn't this done?

I was just wondering, How come there is only team deathmatch and not just regular, I would like to see it free-for-all where you can choose your own player skin or a different model and just kill the others, There would still be vehicles and guns ofcourse.

Why wasn't this done?

Isn't what you described deathmatch AND free-for-all? mtavc is exactly like that.

As far as i know Mta:VC is a team match lol but only if the server owner or admins of the serevr agree to team deathmatch because they can kick you for team killing rofl :wink:

But i understand this: I would like to see more friendly fire haha, sos not to kill your own team! and i would like to point out there are 100% mroe dmers then Rpg'ers :( mainly because theres sooo many n00bs on MTA they dont know what rpg is! its easy ot understand, its no killing :roll:

Another thing that bugs me about mta:vc is that vice city is too damn huge for 20 players, Lots of running around, It would need more than 100 players to keep the action going on, Or close 2 of the cities (people wouldn't like that). How would the team go around this?

Now imagine 20 players deathmatch in the whole san andreas open, Finding a player would be like finding a needle in a haystack, literally.

Hence, markers.

Still getting to them would take a long time.

Planes :P

I'm not sure why MTASA was limited to 30ish players, maybe just as a test, but im sure they could go higher. Especially im DM when people will be further apart (not in view - needing a vehicle/actor).

Another thing that bugs me about mta:vc is that vice city is too damn huge for 20 players, Lots of running around, It would need more than 100 players to keep the action going on, Or close 2 of the cities (people wouldn't like that). How would the team go around this?

Now imagine 20 players deathmatch in the whole san andreas open, Finding a player would be like finding a needle in a haystack, literally.

You're absolutely right about this. Even with 100 people, the huge size of SA will still be a problem if everyone is scattered. The best solution would be to place all pickups/spawns/vehicles in one location (East LS for intsance) so that people would have no reason to stray too far from the play area. This way people will never have to go far to get to the action.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah exactly, What I meant by finding a player was getting to them, And walking around for minutes just detracts a bit from the gameplay, I think mta: san andreas should be divided into sections (i.e., Mount chiliad, country side, Los santos city, desert, etc.), even half a city is too big.

And correct, I said mta:vc is team deathmatch because you work alongside a team taking on other teams, But most people spawn-kill anyway.

And to add to what error said, Another solution would be some sort of teleport system (would look weird in the GTA genre) So how about some sort of little airport/seaport system like in SA? You wouldn't have to drive, Just a little cut scene and you appear there.