Server shutdown

Does that mean I have to leave my computer on all the time if I want to keep the server running and if the time comes for me to shut my computer down and there are a load of people in my server they will all get disconnected?

the only tricky thing is getting it 2 run in the background!

I've actually got it to stay in the system tray by using a program called TrayIt, and it works great that way. I made a shorcut to the server exe, and changed the icon on the shortcut so it has its own icon in the system tray.

Its easy to get it to work running in the background on the same pc.

If you host and play on the same pc it will work fine to about 8 players, after that it will become jittery no matter how fast the pc is, for you and all the others at certain times. Therfore you should run a dedicated server pc for anything over 8-10 clients.

i tried that program and its brilliant my parents no longer complain that it is open any more! does any1 no how i cn get the server to run on my own pc which is linked to another pc thru a cross over wire? the other pc has the internet on it which makes the server only work on that pc! any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

Change ASE reporting to 0 (off) in the server config file. Run the server as normal, and run MTA on the same computer. Quick Connect to "localhost", and whatever port you used (default 22003). Then on your other [networked, I'm assuming] computer, enter the local IP [192.168.. etc.] of the computer running the server, plus port.

If not, just search forums for "LAN game". :)