Voting System (Clients) - Opt Out

Guest Orangutanz

Edited: 1/3/06 - 14:25 (GMT) should make more sense now

Could you make an option under setup so that a client can opt out of voting altogether so they don't see the vote at all?

Obviously a re-calculation of the votes would need to be done to keep ratio consistancy, since the client opting out would be ignored.

Add a nice little check box or something to the settings menu :wink:

Regards,

Orang

Edited by Guest

I think time would be better spent removing the need to vote NO constantly in the first place. (Global vote delay for example)

In the meantime why not take a tip out of Homer Simpsons book and setup one of those nodding birds to constantly hit F2. tap, tap, tap. :)

If you've played BattleField 2 you'll know exactly what I mean, people annoy the hell out of others by initiating Vote Kicking all the time. So with the Opt Out feature you don't need to worry, the vote just skips you.

I assume the actual voting system isn't affected, server re-calculates who can vote and who can't, so the voting still remains fair.

Edited by Guest
If you've played BattleField 2 you'll know exactly what I mean, people annoy the hell out of others by initiating Vote Kicking all the time. So with the Op Out feature you don't need to worry, the vote just skips you.

I assume the actual voting system isn't affected, server re-calculates who can vote and who can't, so the voting still remains fair.

If I get you, then what you're describing isn't: "press F2 automatically" (=actually send a "NO" response to the server), but instead: "hide the voting dialog on my client" (=don't bug me, but don't send anything to the server either).

Those are two quite different suggestions ... :roll:

PS: I would agree to the latter, but not the former.

Yeah thats what I intentionally mean't.

Just ignore clients with an Opt Out setting enabled, so server and client doesn't get bugged with the voting system.

I'll edit my 1st post me thinks :lol:

Yeah something would still need doing about that problem you mentioned UK Red, it'll just be nice to have an Opt Out option so we don't have to get spammed with this annoying crap.

For that I'd suggest a timer or a max allowed vote per client per map.