Wanted level dx tag problem

Hello MTA World,

I prepared something so that the wanted level can be seen on the player's head.but with these codes, I have to have a wanted level to see the text on the head of the player.but I don't want this.I want everyone to see whoever has a wanted level.so what's wrong here?

addEventHandler( "onClientRender",root,
   function( ) 
      local px, py, pz, tx, ty, tz, dist
         px, py, pz = getCameraMatrix( )
	     for k, player in pairs(getElementsByType("player",root, true)) do
         if(player ~= localPlayer) then
         local level = getPlayerWantedLevel ( player ) 
           if ( level > 0 ) then 
           tx, ty, tz = getElementPosition( player )
           dist = math.sqrt( ( px - tx ) ^ 2 + ( py - ty ) ^ 2 + ( pz - tz ) ^ 2 )
           if dist < 30.0 then
              if isLineOfSightClear( px, py, pz, tx, ty, tz, true, false, false, true, false, false, false,localPlayer ) then
                 local sx, sy, sz = getPedBonePosition( player, 6 )
                 local x,y = getScreenFromWorldPosition( sx, sy, sz +0.7 )
                 if (x) then
	           dxDrawText( "WANTED ["..level.."]", x-34, y+1, x+1, y+1, tocolor(0,0,0), 0.85 + ( 15 - dist ) * 0.030, "default-bold" )
               dxDrawText( "WANTED ["..level.."]", x-35, y, x, y, tocolor(250,250,0), 0.85 + ( 15 - dist ) * 0.030, "default-bold" )
                 end
              end
           end
         end
      end
   end
   end
)

On 30/03/2020 at 19:30, SoManyTears said:

Hello MTA World,

I prepared something so that the wanted level can be seen on the player's head.but with these codes, I have to have a wanted level to see the text on the head of the player.but I don't want this.I want everyone to see whoever has a wanted level.so what's wrong here?

Hello SoManyTears :) 

did you know that the clientside version of getPlayerWantedLevel does just return the wanted level of you, not other players? Think of every game client to be an isolated box that just returns data from the local game, if not otherwise requested through client-server interaction.

What you have to do to fix this is transfer the wanted level of each player on-change to every other player. You can either monitor for wanted level change on the client and then send a server-event or monitor on the server using a timer + for all players loop. You must make sure that you only send the wanted level on a real change because you would otherwise kill the bandwidth of your server ;) 

Hopefully this helps!

• Like 1