Conquest mode

A_SN

Do you think a à la Battlefield war mod would be a good idea?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think a à la Battlefield war mod would be a good idea?

• Yes
    • No

I think a Conquest mode, à la Battefield, could be nice. It could turn GTA from a racing game/stunting game/kill random people game to a war game

A few positions would be set on the map, all over the map or just in an area of it. Those positions, consisting of a flag or just area and that would be taken over by the presence of a member of an enemy team as no member of the team who owns it is there, would have some "stuff" build around it to kind of barricade it. I don't know what it could be, it could be walls of bags of sand, it could be trucks, it could be and accidented train, a crashed plane, idk.

Around this area, vehicles would spawn, regularly and depending on which teams owns it. Also, there should be weapons and those health and bulletproof vest things.

The spawning would be made at these positions, of course, spawning at a base owned by you. There could also be un-takeoverable spawn points that belong to a precise team, it could be some point in the air from which you would drop, a cargo plane from which you would spawn and jump, or just some point somewhere.

Besides the positions, there would be vehicles to spawn all around, but I think no war vehicle should spawn outside of positions, besides maybe some helicopter.

Still in the Battlefield analogy, there could be a point system, points decresing depending on how many positions your teams hold.

Well basically, call that a Battlefield mod.

Hmm, some nice points mentioned. I like the idea of a continous battle, being apart of a team and forcing your way to destroy the enermy aswell as claiming areas as you proceed along the warzone of the fighting. Spawning vehicles into the battle would be fun, depending on the situation and the way the teams will be fighting each other. Perhaps adding the tank would make the war more effective and give it the " war like " feeling. Who knows what we can see if something is developed through the SDK.

Yup. The main thing about this idea is that in GTA we have anything we need. The vehicles, the weapons, the map. I think that unexpectedly enough this type of game could fit very well GTA, also it's not even a FPS (which makes it somewhat interesting to test a FPS idea with a third-person shooter)

wow this is actually a good idea. normally all i see are stupid suggestions here.
hehe thanks. you know it's not so hard commin up with a good idea for MTA. Just take the concept of your favorite multiplayer game, it might make something interesting on GTA.

Its just removing the likes of normal or classic gangwars to a whole new level. Obviously some people may not like the war effect added to the game, which is obviously up to them, thats why something like this can be created through the SDK. A war situation is just a new step forward and something people could have a laugh around.