[HELP] How do I export .col files ?

swag_k_dog

• Administrators

If you want your collision to retain surface properties and mesh used by original collision, you'd have to import the original collision used by that object. 

This collisions guide may help you get started, otherwise please leave a reply if you got any questions: https://forum.multitheftauto.com/topic/119808-collisions/

If you don't really care about surface materials lost, what you could do is tell COL IO (3ds Max script) that your high detail model is your collision model. Simply select it when exporting to .col as the collision model. Make sure that your model is exported at 0,0,0 world coordinates and that it shares same pivot as your high detail model.

@swag_k_dog

Edited by Tut
Just now, Tut said:

If you want your collision to retain surface properties and mesh used by original collision, you'd have to import the original collision used by that object. 

This collisions guide may help you get started, otherwise please leave a reply if you got any questions: https://forum.multitheftauto.com/topic/119808-collisions/

If you don't really care about surface materials lost, what you could do is tell COL IO (3ds Max script) that your high detail model is your collision model. Simply select it when exporting to .col as the collision model. Make sure that your model is exported at 0,0,0 world coordinates and that it shares same pivot as your high detail model.

@swag_k_dog

any chance I can do that in blender?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, swag_k_dog said:

any chance I can do that in blender?

Blender doesn't support collision export, that's what I read from those working with Blender. They use 3ds Max for exporting to GTA SA formats.

• Like 1