syncing object destruction

finn_bryant

it would be really cool if you could sync the barrel explosions, even if players are not close enough to the barrels to see it. I found this really annoying when i tried to create a map where people must drive as fast as possible on a very long thin road because there is a line of barrels on one side all exploding one after another, but this is not possible :(.

Plus synced explosions would solve many really odd lag problems and even help deal with certain cheats. I this is coded too deep etc. i understand but it would make the game far more sennsible, (i.e. everyone can see the same number of barrel) it is really annoying in some maps where people can just drive through 20 barrels blowing me up but not get damaged because there are no barrels on their PC as someone already blew them up.

yeah they take ages, useally people just vote onto a different map (which i cant stop, i cant vote no as ive mentioned in a different post i seem to have somehow binded F2 to a crash mta setting and dont know how. :( if map vote is disabled, they force everyone to die so they can play, cant wait for respawn.

anyway back on topic now....

the lock on just gets unsynced by lag. on my server (4 ping @ localhost :D LOL 4! ping that's damn mutch for a localhost connection xD ) and my buddies (20~30 ping) the missiles mostly miss when locked on. sometimes they hit.

The missle lock isnt synced because I think as chrml said, vectors and angle (something like that) arent sent, so they are sort of pseudo-synced, where they do work on some occasions (probably really low pinged players I would guess).

The regular missles arent synced well themselves, they would work better if they were... this will probably be worked on for 1.1

what do you all think of the map idea i mentioned in the first post?

You mean the map with a long road and a line of barrels, exploding one by one, so you have to drive fast to prevent the explosions passing you, and blowing you up?

I think it will be boring just after a few times playing, but I like the idea and would love to try it a few times.