[HELP]I installed Map 3ds max but I couldn't do the textures

mucuk6547

• Administrators

Hello @mucuk6547

For textures to show on render, you need to set up a user-path under the Customize tab on the top. In essence this is your project folders that you're telling Max to look through and search for textures named that of the textures stored in the model's materials. 

It's important that you take note of the filetype that Max wants. If it wants .png or .tga then you must have the respective file type in your project folder. If you then want to show the textures in viewport (not recommended with large scenes like those imported through IPL) you can use the viewport settings to display materials.

33 minutes ago, Tut said:

Hello @mucuk6547

For textures to show on render, you need to set up a user-path under the Customize tab on the top. In essence this is your project folders that you're telling Max to look through and search for textures named that of the textures stored in the model's materials. 

It's important that you take note of the filetype that Max wants. If it wants .png or .tga then you must have the respective file type in your project folder. If you then want to show the textures in viewport (not recommended with large scenes like those imported through IPL) you can use the viewport settings to display materials.

I watched your video, but I do not understand anything at the tissue site and I do not understand because it is written. Sorry, do you have any reason for video narration?

34 minutes ago, Tut said:

Hello @mucuk6547

I also got the map from your video.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, mucuk6547 said:

I watched your video, but I do not understand anything at the tissue site and I do not understand because it is written. Sorry, do you have any reason for video narration?

I also got the map from your video.

Do you want me to export the subtitles in plain text so that you can have it translated to your language?

I can also just note down the steps though. On a second thought let me just do that. It's written on this thread (which I linked in the guide that you just read): https://forum.multitheftauto.com/topic/119240-mta-modding-in-3d/

In short what you're going to do is extracting all .txd files from the gta3.img using TXD workshop. Then you'll create a folder called 'png'. Open the program 'MagicTXD' and use the 'Mass extract' feature. Set up your output path to the folder 'png'. Set the file type to png. Set the images to export with the option 'with texture name only'. What you have to know is that there are many textures in the game using same name, but look different, so you're going to have few objects with the wrong texture... this is something that you can fix later though.

That's about it. Any questions please let me know.

Edited by Tut