Creating fire?

I would like to create a race a with fire trucks. I want to make some bottlenecks in the map and block the way with fires, which have to be extinguished before proceeding.

But is it possible to create fires that can be extinguished? It would be nice if it could be done by just placing some fire objects, but if that can't be done that way, is it possible to create fires using another method? For example by blowing up objects (not the player's car).

I don't think you can place any fires that are extinguishable. I've used buried flaming objects to place fires in strategic places in one or two of my maps.

That is an excellent tip for decorational fires. Thanks for that. Maybe I use it in another map.

But is there anyone who knows if and how I can create extinguishable fires?

The only way I could think of doing this is by using aircraft projectiles to blow up barrels. It seems like large amount of explosive barrels burn for longer amounts of time.

Though of course, if you do this, the aircraft person isnt gonna play nice and blow everyone up :P plus, everyone would have to be there when the explosion takes place, else they'll see barrels when they reach the point.

The only way I could think of doing this is by using aircraft projectiles to blow up barrels. It seems like large amount of explosive barrels burn for longer amounts of time.

Though of course, if you do this, the aircraft person isnt gonna play nice and blow everyone up :P plus, everyone would have to be there when the explosion takes place, else they'll see barrels when they reach the point.

Well, this may be a start for the perfect solution.

Or is there another way to let objects move (besides firing a missile) after the start of the map? (Even if 'moving' means 'falling down' :roll: )

You could make it so some cars on a road need to drive over a hard course with many barrels, so it is ensured that minimal 1 person will explode, then firetrucks behind them or on a road next to the cars road so they can distinguish the fire. Not the ideal solution and I certainly hope we'll be able to use fire in the future as a single object. ( perhaps with DM with flamethrowers and firetrucks 8) )

I have another idea, but I don't know if it is possible. I did some tests with the hydra shooting at some barrels and it worked. The only problem is, that if the player starting in a hydra is a cheater, he could blow up all other players.

My solution is, that all players start in fire trucks, except for one. (Just by placing a hydra vehicle change pickup in one spawnpoint.)

If it is possible to tell the game that the owner of the server (or someone with a particular IP, so the owner of the server could change that to his own IP) starts in the spawnpoint with the hydra pickup, and the players with other IP's will start in the other spawnpoints, the problem is solved.

But is it possible to tell the game which spawnpoint is meant for what IP?