Flyby's

xGj

Flyby's, wanted or screw them?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Flyby's, wanted or screw them?

• Yes, I definately want flyby's, they rock.
    • No, it doesnt have to be implented, lets wait for the sdk.

A thing I've been hoping for, ever since I heard of blue for vice city.

I wonder if it could be synched like in the mission with wu-zi-mu's men where you shoot out of a maverick with a minigun ( firing at the boat ).

I'd really love that feature if it could be implented for deathmatch r1.

More detailed: every passenger in the chopper could use any gun to shoot out of the doors, which you won't see yourself then like in the mission I described.

I don't know if it's possible but if it is, I'd really love to see the camera being positioned in your chair so your view is inside the chopper ( I don't know if it's possible in san andreas but I remember it seen in vc-mp's first video, so that should be possible to camhack ).

I've added a poll to see what other people like, hope it will be implented if possible :)

razor, get the fck out of my topics when you only come to spam.

I'm only asking a thing I'd personally love, and I wanted to see if the demand for it is high, if you don't want it, don't post, don't call me a retard and don't underestimate the team. It's my suggestion.

the idea is veary old allready and has definitely been discussed a lot of times before. but it's still a nice idea, it reminds people of it.

Yes it is very old but never implented :(

So I hope it will be now in the first deathmatch release, that'd just be awesome 8)

btw, when ppl discussed it in the past, the answer was mostly that blue'd be capable of doing it, now we got a stable blue core, I hope it is capable of doing it now :)

I was thinking of something like this recently. Like with teh police heli where the first passanger gets an M4 with unlimeted ammo and can shoot 360 degrees horizontally and 90 degrees vertically, (so not not shoting upwards and being able to shoot directly below). However when the first passanger leaves that seat or the heli they lose the unlimeted ammo M4 and go back to what they had previosuly.

Also how about allowing 3rd person also for shooters, just have it so they can select between like in normal vehicles.

:D Its an awesome idea, the flybys in SA and VC are great fun, and sh!t like that in games where you get a shot on some awesome firepower never lasts long enough.

I can see problems with the police heli & multiple passengers tho - im sure it would be fine in clan matches but on regular servers you gonna get a lot of complaining - would you wanna sit there twiddling your thumbs while some twat hogs the shooting position the whole match & has all the fun? And re the ammo - what happens when you run out, throw purple rubber cocks at them maybe....?? :mrgreen:

:D Its an awesome idea, the flybys in SA and VC are great fun, and sh!t like that in games where you get a shot on some awesome firepower never lasts long enough.

I can see problems with the police heli & multiple passengers tho - im sure it would be fine in clan matches but on regular servers you gonna get a lot of complaining - would you wanna sit there twiddling your thumbs while some twat hogs the shooting position the whole match & has all the fun? And re the ammo - what happens when you run out, throw purple rubber cocks at them maybe....?? :mrgreen:

I think it should be up to the server admin to decide whether the flybys should be dis- or enabled. I guess if we get flyby's then I'd like to see you being able to use all of your own guns you currently carry, if you run out of ammo you just won't be able to shoot anymore.

uhm, you have to read other topics for that...

you should be able to "bobcat-sit" so just crouch in the back of it with a gun in your hand (m4 or whatever) (or a rocket launcher or other heavy weapon, but you can't crouch with that)

They could ofcourse make it so you'd be locked on a certain position on/in a car.

But I'd really like a reply from a dev if flyby's would be possible.

As my last 2 posts, i'll answer with the same message, maybe in a more 'correct' way in your eyes.

Just as the poll-title says: 'screw them' ... lamers, mayb noobs etc will camp for days in planes so they can shoot the rest down... Same as the drive-by .. this topic isn't about it.. but last posts were going on about it, so i will get back at it later.

but so... these lamers/noobs stay in their planes.. shooting a few mta-players and then they'll think they are supercool, keeping doing this..

In a while people start regretting they once voted yes in this poll about fly-by's.. since 'now' there are only lamers and/or noobs left hanging in the planes doing 'fly-bys' and not doing anything else.

Such people in these planes also won't give normal answers to you, speaking out of experience with drive-by's in vc:mp, when you nicely ask them to stop doing a fly-by (in this case it was a drive-by) .. they will only give answers like 'why? i'm not doing anything illegal?" .. while they know it's lame and irritating for others.. and that it screws up the game.

Actually this was probably a partly reason why VC: MP didn't run very well.. lamers in cars doing drive-by's at people in fights... etc etc..

so.. a BIG no for me..

Now for the drive-by's..

drive-by's should be disallowed tbh.. just like the fly-by's, there will only be lamers/noobs in cars... cruising around all day, driving past people that are fighting.. shotting at those people.. and cruise away before they can even get hit by one single shot. But... i think that the 'locked' part (on the back of the bobcat or so) would be very great.. the drive-by wouldn't be as great and 'lame' as it is when u r in the car. You can sitll get hit by bullets.. the car too.. so the player on the car is in as much danger as the players on the ground, plus he won't be able to drive away when he gets shot.. coz he aint driving the car himself.

And leviathan.. locked overpowered? haha, not if they implement it so that you can get hit when you're on the car.. then it would be anything but overpowered. Drive-by's are overpowered because you can't get hit yourself.. you got a sort of 'armour' (the car that is) around you that is taking all of the bullets.. and before that exploeds you'd still have 100hp of your own.

So, Fly-by's, NO .. Drive-By's, NO .. Locked? Yes , if done correctly.

EDIT BY HAZJ: you have been banned.

:roll: .... nice story.....

best option is just to enable/disable serverside. and getting locked onto a car, that looks silly, ever tried sitting on a roof of a car in sp?

you can fall off... if the car rams into another in example...

True :wink: Exactly how I thought it should be.

If you would've read my previous posts more carefully razor you would've seen I already said that it should be serverside dis- or enabled. So up to the admin. You can choose on which servers you want to play on yourself.

• 2 weeks later...

I seem to recall some missions in single player where NPCs were hanging on the side of helicopters shooting at you, so I imagine that it is possible with some time and work.

As for toggling the allowance of drive/flybys, I think it might be better to specify it in the map files, if at all.

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm.. yeah I think 'gluing' would be better than locked. Otherwise people will cheat and there are enough cheaters already. I also think it should be ammo and weapons you have (firing a rocket launcher out of a heli would be so cool!) rather than unlimited ammo for the same reason. Plus everyone would stay in cars because they wouldn't have to worry about ammo then. Make it limited, for the better of us ALL...