Could modifications to handling.cfg have adverse effects?

I'm just wondering... I have modified a few cars (patriot is a god car now) in my install of GTA3. What I'm wondering about is if this could have an adverse effect in multiplayer? Perhaps you could have a modifier put in to allow/disallow car modifications to apply in multiplayer? Because as it stands right now, my patriot has a godlike mass, (it's like solid granite car from carmageddon) godlike acceleration, godlike speed, godlike handling, etc.

I suppose it shouldn't be looked at to fix, though..since anyone with one of those car modding programs can easily modify their handling file as well.

Discuss.

• 2 weeks later...

Im thinking that car mods also need to be disabled?...........(If true), but theres art of modded vehicles in this forum....ahem look above. False advertisement?.........If Im wrong sorry in advance. I didn't read post yet....heck nor have I downloaded MTA.( still researching).....have a nice day.

i think if everyone had the exact same mod it wouldnt make a difference...

but if everyones game is completely original, texture mods and skins and carcols shouldnt make a difference at all. but physical mods such as handling, default, and actual physical model changes, .dff cars being replaced, or col files being edited, new maps, etc. would cause adverse effects in MTA. the other persons GTA would not recognize those and this may be why sometimes the other players cars are bouncy or really unstable. for one thing their taxi actually might be a coach to you, and your manana might be a yankee to them, which means there would be a conflict in the handling file. and since traffic is random, at this point it's would be hard to have both people actually have the same car that they are supposedly in on the other end of the IP...

this makes sense to me...

• 2 weeks later...

Yeh it would work, and for the handleing, ive always thought youde just see the other cargoing as fast as there going on there computer, i dont see why it would screw it up, i thonk youde just see them doing what there doing