Manhunt :)

Yayoo

You like?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. You like?

• Yes I do like it.
    • No I dont like it.

M'kay lemmie explain what barely need's to be explaned, you have 1 team of up to 6 people and one Man to be hunted.Ye are at the desert [other locations can be used for it to] each team member already has a pistol and the hunted man has a baseball bat.The HM [hunted man] is spawned at a random spot and the team is swapned at the graveyard near the little abandoned town.There is loads of hiddin weapon's in the desert.Now the team must hint the HM and kill him or become the hunted and be killed.

Sound good?Leave plenty of comments.

Yeah I know everyone will say I stole it from Rockstars game Manhunt but I acually was thinking back on old childhood memorys.Except we didnt have guns and kill eachother.

And it certanly can be made intense.Imagine your the last of the team left and the guy your supposed to be hunting is only a few feet away from you with a ak and over the next little hill there is a weapon that could be your only hope.Or if your the HM with no weapons trapped in the corner as the hunters are coming.

It would be cool if ye would vote. :wink:

manhunt in MTA predates the rockstar game, It was a gamemode I came up with after it naturally happened one evening in the old official server which I then asked aeron to create an mtama script for (the first gamemode script for it I think, long time ago now). A script I am resurrecting for MTASA race at the moment.

What you suggest should be very simple to create with the map editor, let alone the future SDK :)

Yeah I know everyone will say I stole it from Rockstars game Manhunt but I acually was thinking back on old childhood memorys.Except we didnt have guns and kill eachother.

And it certanly can be made intense.Imagine your the last of the team left and the guy your supposed to be hunting is only a few feet away from you with a ak and over the next little hill there is a weapon that could be your only hope.Or if your the HM with no weapons trapped in the corner as the hunters are coming.

It would be cool if ye would vote. :wink:

the problem with SA is that there are no corners. I could imagine someone running endlessly, and being annoying.

It's a good idea, but i think it needs adaptation for SA...integration of cars etc.

well if SA-MP can do it im sure MTA can too:)
It wasn't the question if the MTA-team could do it, but if the MTA-team would do it...

well im pretty sure they would, it'll be the bouls up that battlefield modern combat was on PS2 is they have enemy appearing on the radar :roll:

There'll probably have a setting so that server host can decide and gamemodes such as manhunt in a limited area (not whole of SA).

Sounds good. Only, if the hunted man only has a baseball bat, he's fucked. He can't have just a melée weapon. I think he should have a better weapon than the others, otherwise he's gonna get to easily killed.

I guess it takes quite much thinking and trying to get to a really good implementation of it. I also think that the hunted man would have to deserve to be the hunted man, like, have to be like the best hunter to be the HM. otherwise if you let the first n00b be the hunted man it's gonna suck.

As for the radar problem, well, why not be given a clue on the area where the HM is, and then, radio messages between hunters indicating the position of the HM in case they spot him.

Why not even some people in Mavericks who could try to spot him.

Would there be any vehicles? How would the HM be chosen? I thought that maybe the one who just killed him could become the HM.

I never played Manhunt, so tell me, is there anyway the HM can win?

The HM can kill everyone on the team to win he's chosen by random or a vote maybe he's the only person who starts with a weapon [bat] but there are other weapons scatered around the map.

Not sure about car's but plane's and bike's would be alright.

The HM can kill everyone on the team to win he's chosen by random or a vote maybe he's the only person who starts with a weapon [bat] but there are other weapons scatered around the map.

Not sure about car's but plane's and bike's would be alright.

I think it would suck major balls if the HM was chosen at random. Imagine, you're a n00b to this game mode, you don't really know what it's all about and basically it's just gonna be easy to hunt you down. A easy HM is to absolutly avoid. Why not just make the HM the last guy who killed the last HM? This way it would ensure having a skilled HM, and it's a fair and simple rule.
just a stupid suggestion but:

-all players in the round are 1 time the hunted man

-the player with the most time @ the end of a round wins...

I don't think it's a necessarly good idea to have everybody being the HM once. Personally, I wouldn't wanna be the HM until I personally killed a HM. The HM needs to be skilled, otherwise he has the responsibility for spoiling the game by being to easy.

Btw, how are we gonna deal with for example an HM that would hide where nobody can find him (a camper)?

i just dont want the best player always being the HM, sometimes other players wanna try it. i think it should be random.
If it's always the same player getting the HM then it's worrying. Mostly if that player becomes the HM, unless he finds a way to kill himself.

I think so far we only can try to have an idea on how the HM should be chosen, but I guess we could tell better once it gets implemented