Some small feature requests for race maps

Guest Swiss_Cheeseman

After making a few Smear the Queer type maps (or OJ maps, or just a whole lot of police cars slamming the fuck out of a random car maps). I've had a few annoyances in creating the maps that could be alleviated by adding a few variables to start points.

- First of all, instead of a global car type setting, how about individual car types for each spawn point? Anything without the variable set would be stuck with the global car setting. At the moment it's done in a pretty hacky way where a car change token is put over the top of the spawn point, and this causes problems however when there are less players than usual and the tokens aren't picked up, since the perp/queer can pick up those tokens and completely ruin the game.

- Second, a variable that can change the colour of the marker of players on the HUD map for the spawnpoint. This makes it far easier to identify the perp/queer much like the checkpoints having RGB settings. This could also make it so you can set up "teams" in some maps, with FBI, Gang Members, Cops etc all having different colours.

These two relatively small additions could add a number of new gameplay modes. Although the games still sort of run on the honour system, it makes the maps far easier to play.

In addition to the above, the disctription for the map should be displayed upon loading, which can make the game type and objectives much clearer.

Hope you take my suggestions to heart :)

After making a few Smear the Queer type maps (or OJ maps, or just a whole lot of police cars slamming the fuck out of a random car maps). I've had a few annoyances in creating the maps that could be alleviated by adding a few variables to start points.

- First of all, instead of a global car type setting, how about individual car types for each spawn point? Anything without the variable set would be stuck with the global car setting. At the moment it's done in a pretty hacky way where a car change token is put over the top of the spawn point, and this causes problems however when there are less players than usual and the tokens aren't picked up, since the perp/queer can pick up those tokens and completely ruin the game.

- Second, a variable that can change the colour of the marker of players on the HUD map for the spawnpoint. This makes it far easier to identify the perp/queer much like the checkpoints having RGB settings. This could also make it so you can set up "teams" in some maps, with FBI, Gang Members, Cops etc all having different colours.

These two relatively small additions could add a number of new gameplay modes. Although the games still sort of run on the honour system, it makes the maps far easier to play.

In addition to the above, the disctription for the map should be displayed upon loading, which can make the game type and objectives much clearer.

Hope you take my suggestions to heart :)

I know what maps you are talking about, i played them on Groovy's server. i can fix em for ya???

hit me up.

The suggestion with the coloured downwards pointing arrows is pretty good.

I'd love to see it in deathmatch mode ( and perhaps in race, but rather dm ),

I guess with the SDK it will be possible in the future, but included in an upcoming release would be better :)