Sign in to follow this  
mucuk6547

[HELP]3DS MAX CAR

Recommended Posts

Hello @mucuk6547, are you able to give us more details on the problem?

How many polygons is the model made of?
Does the scale of the vehicle correspond to that of a regular vehicle? 
When in scale mode on 3ds Max, are the current xyz values less  than 100,100,100?
Does it happen to other vehicles you've modeled?
Can you try removing every but chassis component and export?
Does the vehicle hierarchy match this? http://hotmist.ddo.jp/id/vnode.html
Which scripts are you using for importing/exporting models, additionally please show a screenshot of which settings you used.

Are you able to send us some screenshots about what's bugging and eventual project files?

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, Tut said:

Hello @mucuk6547, are you able to give us more details on the problem?

How many polygons is the model made of?
Does the scale of the vehicle correspond to that of a regular vehicle? 
When in scale mode on 3ds Max, are the current xyz values less  than 100,100,100?
Does it happen to other vehicles you've modeled?
Can you try removing every but chassis component and export?
Does the vehicle hierarchy match this? http://hotmist.ddo.jp/id/vnode.html
Which scripts are you using for importing/exporting models, additionally please show a screenshot of which settings you used.

Are you able to send us some screenshots about what's bugging and eventual project files?

Hello @Tut

How many polygons is the model made of?
-68.044

-verts: 79.991

Does the scale of the vehicle correspond to that of a regular vehicle? 

-yes

When in scale mode on 3ds Max, are the current xyz values less  than 100,100,100?
 

-0.0.0 I did as

Does it happen to other vehicles you've modeled?

-going on in his vehicle

Can you try removing every but chassis component and export?
 

-As an object? I have never tried it

Does the vehicle hierarchy match this?

-sleeping.

Which scripts are you using for importing/exporting models, additionally please show a screenshot of which settings you used.

-I am using Kam's GTA script.

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, Tut said:

Hello @mucuk6547, are you able to give us more details on the problem?

How many polygons is the model made of?
Does the scale of the vehicle correspond to that of a regular vehicle? 
When in scale mode on 3ds Max, are the current xyz values less  than 100,100,100?
Does it happen to other vehicles you've modeled?
Can you try removing every but chassis component and export?
Does the vehicle hierarchy match this? http://hotmist.ddo.jp/id/vnode.html
Which scripts are you using for importing/exporting models, additionally please show a screenshot of which settings you used.

Are you able to send us some screenshots about what's bugging and eventual project files?

113k with dummyler but beats the game?

Version = 1.5.7-release-20358.2.000
Time = Thu Feb 13 18:53:28 2020
Module = D:\GTA San Andreas\proxy_sa.exe
Code = 0xC0000005
Offset = 0x003F0BF7

EAX=00000000  EBX=0178F088  ECX=238D20C0  EDX=00000000  ESI=00000000
EDI=238D20C0  EBP=0000001B  ESP=0178EFDC  EIP=007F0BF7  FLG=00010246
CS=0023   DS=002B  SS=002B  ES=002B   FS=0053  GS=002B

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, mucuk6547 said:

Hello @Tut

How many polygons is the model made of?
-68.044

-verts: 79.991

Does the scale of the vehicle correspond to that of a regular vehicle? 

-yes

When in scale mode on 3ds Max, are the current xyz values less  than 100,100,100?
 

-0.0.0 I did as

Does it happen to other vehicles you've modeled?

-going on in his vehicle

Can you try removing every but chassis component and export?
 

-As an object? I have never tried it

Does the vehicle hierarchy match this?

-sleeping.

Which scripts are you using for importing/exporting models, additionally please show a screenshot of which settings you used.

-I am using Kam's GTA script.

it no longer closes, but now it is not visible.

Share this post


Link to post

Please send the file for Max 2017 or older, or as DFF and I'll have a look into it.

Also is it Goldfish's edition or the vanilla that you're using?

Share this post


Link to post
42 minutes ago, mucuk6547 said:

Hm. I have loaded in your model using Goldfish's edition of Kam's scripts:

unknown.png

unknown.png

 

Using RW by The Hero it imports fine. The hierarchy is loaded accordingly. It appears that you've added the collision to the DFF model in an incorrect way. 3ds Max does not work the same way as Zmodeler. Can you please try working with a regular Rockstar model and see how its DFF structure works, additionally look into how its collision works. I think this is very important for your case, as it appears you're not fully aware of the DFF format / workflow with 3ds Max. Understand the basics before jumping into a custom model.

unknown.png

 

 

Regarding the model itself, I have had similar issues when using Kam's (Goldfish edition) where part of the mesh is severely welded to other parts in a very glitchy manner. My best suggestions are to use RW plugin by The Hero. It works incredibly well for vehicles and I have been using it for a long time after abandoning Kam's.

Edited by Tut

Share this post


Link to post
On 13/02/2020 at 23:39, Tut said:

Hm. I have loaded in your model using Goldfish's edition of Kam's scripts:

unknown.png

unknown.png

 

Using RW by The Hero it imports fine. The hierarchy is loaded accordingly. It appears that you've added the collision to the DFF model in an incorrect way. 3ds Max does not work the same way as Zmodeler. Can you please try working with a regular Rockstar model and see how its DFF structure works, additionally look into how its collision works. I think this is very important for your case, as it appears you're not fully aware of the DFF format / workflow with 3ds Max. Understand the basics before jumping into a custom model.

unknown.png

 

 

Regarding the model itself, I have had similar issues when using Kam's (Goldfish edition) where part of the mesh is severely welded to other parts in a very glitchy manner. My best suggestions are to use RW plugin by The Hero. It works incredibly well for vehicles and I have been using it for a long time after abandoning Kam's.

I don't know how to make zmodels. Do you have a video?

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, mucuk6547 said:

I don't know how to make zmodels. Do you have a video?

What I'm saying is that you should not add collisions to models the same way as you do in zmodeler. You'll have to export the vehicle collision to a .col separate from the DFF by using COL IO by Kam. You can then export the DFF after selecting your collision which embeds it at the last section of the DFF (use RWanalyzer to verify). What Zmodeler does is exporting both collision and dff all at once, as far as I'm aware.

I'm not asking you to use zmodeler, I just referenced it as your DFF looks like you might've tried to export the file the same way as you would do in zmodeler, which in 3ds Max is wrong.

As I said I highly recommend you get hold of The Hero's RW plugin, which can be found theoughe the link to guides section in my signature -> MTA Modding in 3D. With that plugin I would like you to try modding a regular gta sa vehicle to understand the model format and not run into the same issue again.

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, Tut said:

What I'm saying is that you should not add collisions to models the same way as you do in zmodeler. You'll have to export the vehicle collision to a .col separate from the DFF by using COL IO by Kam. You can then export the DFF after selecting your collision which embeds it at the last section of the DFF (use RWanalyzer to verify). What Zmodeler does is exporting both collision and dff all at once, as far as I'm aware.

I'm not asking you to use zmodeler, I just referenced it as your DFF looks like you might've tried to export the file the same way as you would do in zmodeler, which in 3ds Max is wrong.

As I said I highly recommend you get hold of The Hero's RW plugin, which can be found theoughe the link to guides section in my signature -> MTA Modding in 3D. With that plugin I would like you to try modding a regular gta sa vehicle to understand the model format and not run into the same issue again.

I will ask you an irrelevant question.

Can I switch the optics from Sniper to m4?

Share this post


Link to post

I don't script but I'd strongly assume so, yes.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.