Aiming Bug

DataTron

Question

A friend of mine has had this problem since getting back into MTA about 2 days ago, everytime he holds down the aim key or fire key the action stops after half a second, we tried pretty much everything:

- GTA:SA fresh install, downgraded from steam and Install from CD

- MTA:SA fresh install deleting all user files in documents roaming etc

- Hardware swap

- Different keys bound to fire/aim

- Only happens on 1 server, admins on that server have no clue whats causing it

If you have any questions feel free to ask I will forward them to him.

GIF of the Bug: (sorry for bad quality this is from a discord screen share): https://i.imgur.com/nAShtDR.mp4

Thanks for any suggestions in advance.

4 answers to this question

• MTA Anti-Cheat Team
2 minutes ago, DataTron said:

- Only happens on 1 server, admins on that server have no clue whats causing it

After looking at the GIF, it's clearly a script issue.

admins on that server have no clue whats causing it > ask them to inform their scripters, or play on a different server

If it only happens for him and not other players on that server, and for him it only happens on this particular server, besides all of this

5 minutes ago, DataTron said:

- GTA:SA fresh install, downgraded from steam and Install from CD

- MTA:SA fresh install deleting all user files in documents roaming etc

- Hardware swap

- Different keys bound to fire/aim

... being true (that you have actually, and properly, tried it) then I am sure that no one on this forum will be able to help you identify the problem. Then, something is seriously funky. Either something on his PC or client is predisposing him to script misbehavior.. unlikely to be binds though, since you said that you reset it all already.. or perhaps it's deliberately done by the server scripters because they don't like this person.

Obviously, everything I wrote is assuming that your list of steps already taken, and the information given, is 100% correct. Then no, we can't do much for you.

• Like 1

Its a pretty big server so i doubt its a scripter not liking him or anything like that, everybody we talked to said they never had that problem and thought it was really weird. I thought it might be a rare but known MTA issue so I asked here, but that doesnt seem to be the case. Could there be any hidden files that didnt get removed when uninstalling that a full system reinstall might fix?

• MTA Anti-Cheat Team
9 hours ago, DataTron said:

Could there be any hidden files that didnt get removed when uninstalling that a full system reinstall might fix?

Make sure that the entire MTA installation folder is gone after uninstalling MTA using the original uninstaller. So that coreconfig.xml (containing binds etc) is also wiped. But i assumed you already tried stuff like resetting binds in settings..

If that doesn't help, then there is no way to find out what's going on, unless the server scripters really get involved.

• Like 1

So we made some progress, since the server uses accounts i was able to log into his from my pc, and the bug occured again. We are talking with admins atm and it seems to be a script that is supposed to be there, it just never was applied to any account and seems to have been applied mistakingly to his, in the end it was server side. Thanks for the help!

• Thanks 1