JordanMonster

Leaves in MTA

Recommended Posts

Hi Jordan, I have replied to a user asking a similar question, please see: https://forum.mtasa.com/topic/122241-mta-leafless-trees/?do=findComment&comment=972041

I believe you'll be able to adjust the code to only cull leaves from that particular tree. Have a look at my last reply for a method on getting the tree ID and its texture names. This should be all you'll need, if not please let me know and I'll make you a mod instead.

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Tut said:

Hi Jordan, I have replied to a user asking a similar question, please see: https://forum.mtasa.com/topic/122241-mta-leafless-trees/?do=findComment&comment=972041

I believe you'll be able to adjust the code to only cull leaves from that particular tree. Have a look at my last reply for a method on getting the tree ID and its texture names. This should be all you'll need, if not please let me know and I'll make you a mod instead.

unfortunately I did not find the id of this specific sheet in the print, what do I do?

Share this post


Link to post

It looks to be this ID: https://dev.prineside.com/en/gtasa_samp_model_id/model/700-sm_veg_tree6/

If you're unable to use the shader resource that I linked in the other thread, please see if this'll work: 

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/308956559201796097/675458841466634240/dad13d46b2800615.txd

(that's a .txd replacement for model ID 700)

Edited by Tut
added correct TXD

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Tut said:

It looks to be this ID: https://dev.prineside.com/en/gtasa_samp_model_id/model/700-sm_veg_tree6/

If you're unable to use the shader resource that I linked in the other thread, please see if this'll work: 

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/308956559201796097/675458841466634240/dad13d46b2800615.txd

(that's a .txd replacement for model ID 700)

I managed to download this file that you sent me, now where can I put the file to start working? Sorry, I just don't understand much about it

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, JordanMonster said:

I managed to download this file that you sent me, now where can I put the file to start working? Sorry, I just don't understand much about it

No worries.

I have made a resource for you which loads the texture mod into your server. Simply drag the leaf folder into your resources directory for your server. It's a simple TXD replacement script which you need make no changes  to.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/308956559201796097/675479278963654670/leaf.rar

 

For future reference please see the engine functions for replacing such files: 

https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/EngineReplaceModel

https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/EngineLoadTXD

 

Share this post


Link to post
On 07/02/2020 at 20:17, Tut said:

No worries.

I have made a resource for you which loads the texture mod into your server. Simply drag the leaf folder into your resources directory for your server. It's a simple TXD replacement script which you need make no changes  to.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/308956559201796097/675479278963654670/leaf.rar

 

For future reference please see the engine functions for replacing such files: 

https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/EngineReplaceModel

https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/EngineLoadTXD

 

https://imgur.com/qjAKkHL
 I put the file inside this folder, just drag and the texture works on any server? I did this but nothing happened

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, JordanMonster said:

https://imgur.com/qjAKkHL
 I put the file inside this folder, just drag and the texture works on any server? I did this but nothing happened

You should have a folder in there called "Resources". Put the folder in there and then refresh your server or "refresh leaf".

Edited by Tut

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Tut said:

Did you start the resource? Please try go to Map Editor afterwards and spawn object ID 700. See if it works.

I put the file in the files folder, I entered an MTA server but did not remove the sheets, what to do?

Share this post


Link to post
50 minutes ago, JordanMonster said:

I put the file in the files folder, I entered an MTA server but did not remove the sheets, what to do?

You did not install the resource correctly (simply drag and drop the "leaf" folder into resources\.) I went on my MTA computer and tested, works fine. However it does purge the leaves from a lot of other trees, because the TXD is shared accross multiple different types of trees. I'll have a DFF model modified for you instead, that way it'll only remove leaves from that particular model.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/308956559201796097/676121440172376073/leaf.rar

Due to the way that MTA works with models, you may have to either remove the trees through map editor and then place them again, otherwise they will not replace correctly.

There's a possible solution here: https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/EngineReplaceModel 
:

Note:

  • Default GTA map objects behave inconsistently when using this function on them. If you want to replace models in the original GTA map, use one of the methods shown here.

https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/EngineReplaceModel_notes

Edited by Tut

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Tut said:

You did not install the resource correctly (simply drag and drop the "leaf" folder into resources\.) I went on my MTA computer and tested, works fine. However it does purge the leaves from a lot of other trees, because the TXD is shared accross multiple different types of trees. I'll have a DFF model modified for you instead, that way it'll only remove leaves from that particular model.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/308956559201796097/676121440172376073/leaf.rar

Due to the way that MTA works with models, you may have to either remove the trees through map editor and then place them again, otherwise they will not replace correctly.

There's a possible solution here: https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/EngineReplaceModel 
:

Note:

  • Default GTA map objects behave inconsistently when using this function on them. If you want to replace models in the original GTA map, use one of the methods shown here.

https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/EngineReplaceModel_notes

do you have the mod that removes more leaves as mentioned above? Can improve pc performance

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, JordanMonster said:

do you have the mod that removes more leaves as mentioned above? Can improve pc performance

Please stick to one question at a time. I made you 2 mods and a resource to load it in, as per your request "I need this one tree leaves removed". Please let me know if it works on your end.

 

But yes, on my first reply to your thread I linked another thread where I gave the OP a link to a mod which purges all tree leaves.

Edited by Tut

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Tut said:

Please stick to one question at a time. I made you 2 mods and a resource to load it in, as per your request "I need this one tree leaves removed". Please let me know if it works on your end.

 

But yes, on my first reply to your thread I linked another thread where I gave the OP a link to a mod which purges all tree leaves.

https://imgur.com/WHDunj5
https://imgur.com/1qieBvq
https://imgur.com/HMlLN9D
https://imgur.com/FhKrX6n

I did in the sequence of the print, but it didn't work, could you show which sequence was right?

Edited by JordanMonster

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, JordanMonster said:

That's the correct path.

Resource file version is 1.5 but I don't even think that matters unless you're running an old version of MTA.

I made the resource from my workstation and then tested on my MTA computer, it worked just fine. Could you please try typing refresh leaf and then start leaf. It won't start automatically by just adding it to resources\.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Tut said:

That's the correct path.

Resource file version is 1.5 but I don't even think that matters unless you're running an old version of MTA.

I made the resource from my workstation and then tested on my MTA computer, it worked just fine. Could you please try typing refresh leaf and then start leaf. It won't start automatically by just adding it to resources\.

https://imgur.com/QlCm9lH
https://imgur.com/0EX3gX5

put it this way, but just put the folder this way, but it didn't work, should I do anything else to work?

Share this post


Link to post

Nothing that I can think of.

Don't change its name, keep it as is ( leaf ). On your server window type start leaf or alternatively in-game use F8 (console) and type start leaf. This will start the resource.

Provided you're following my advise I can't see why it shouldn't work for you. I followed it to be sure and it worked just fine on my end. Shrug.

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Tut said:

Nothing that I can think of.

Don't change its name, keep it as is ( leaf ). On your server window type start leaf or alternatively in-game use F8 (console) and type start leaf. This will start the resource.

Provided you're following my advise I can't see why it shouldn't work for you. I followed it to be sure and it worked just fine on my end. Shrug.

when I write this the following appears
https://imgur.com/cZ1a2yn

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, JordanMonster said:

when I write this the following appears
https://imgur.com/cZ1a2yn

The error is that you aren't signed into a user account which has administrator access.

Instead type the command on your Server window, the one that opens when starting the server. start leaf or start resourcename will do.

Share this post


Link to post

Right, I'll put it in numberical order, perhaps it'll make more sense.

  1. Download this file: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/308956559201796097/675479278963654670/leaf.rar
  2. Navigate to your server resources directory "C:\Program Files (x86)\MTA San Andreas 1.5\server\mods\deathmatch\resources"
  3. Open the .rar file, insde of which you see a regular folder called "leaf". Move the folder into the resources directory.
  4. Start your server and on the server window type start leaf. This will start the resource.
  5. Head ingame and your leaves should be gone from that particular tree you shown in one of the first posts.

mta-screen_2020-02-09_18-28-20.png

You seem to have added one entire invalid link to your last post, I'm not sure if you're trying to upload an image or what, but it's invalid on my end.

Edited by Tut
uploaded image

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Tut said:

Right, I'll put it in numberical order, perhaps it'll make more sense.

  1. Download this file: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/308956559201796097/675479278963654670/leaf.rar
  2. Navigate to your server resources directory "C:\Program Files (x86)\MTA San Andreas 1.5\server\mods\deathmatch\resources"
  3. Open the .rar file, insde of which you see a regular folder called "leaf". Move the folder into the resources directory.
  4. Start your server and on the server window type start leaf. This will start the resource.
  5. Head ingame and your leaves should be gone from that particular tree you shown in one of the first posts.

mta-screen_2020-02-09_18-28-20.png

You seem to have added one entire invalid link to your last post, I'm not sure if you're trying to upload an image or what, but it's invalid on my end.

https://imgur.com/omXUReY
https://imgur.com/undefined
https://imgur.com/9jphMrR

I'm on a PUBG server, took the leaves, except for the tree I wanted, what do I do?

Share this post


Link to post
On 07/02/2020 at 20:17, Tut said:

No worries.

I have made a resource for you which loads the texture mod into your server. Simply drag the leaf folder into your resources directory for your server. It's a simple TXD replacement script which you need make no changes  to.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/308956559201796097/675479278963654670/leaf.rar

 

For future reference please see the engine functions for replacing such files: 

https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/EngineReplaceModel

https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/EngineLoadTXD

 

I did your tutorial but on mta servers it doesn't work :(

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, LiverPoolo said:

I did your tutorial but on mta servers it doesn't work :(

Please send debug errors

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.