Ban appeal

Before proceeding with my appeal I'd like to explain what happened.

Some guy impersonated a fella by the name of "Cookie" (a well known mapper) to fool mapping server owners into giving him passwords of their servers so he could delete all maps.
I won't hide the fact that I too joined the aforementioned servers, but I didn't partake in any malicious activity.
The funniest thing about this is that the guy then pretended to reveal his true identity as being me, which everyone believed. Needless to say that it's false and I've never impersonated anyone.

That lead to me getting banned earlier today for alleged "hacking" (see screenshot below). I have literally no idea what's that supposed to mean.
Please consider that:

1) Nobody has solid proof that it was actually me impersonating Cookie
2) There's no proof that I deleted maps, the only proof you could have is the logs of me accessing servers
3) It's their own fault for giving passwords away while knowing anyone can access maps and delete them
4) There's no specific rule that states you can't delete resources
5) This is a relatively small dispute and a permanent MTA ban isn't justified.
6) I have never used hacks, trainers or any kind of cheating software

I am hereby asking for a solid explanation and the proofs that you used to incriminate me. I don't know what kind of lies you've been told, so that's my side of the story.

My serial: B626A0A5D6F06BB62233756E510F6052

unknown.png 

Best regards,

Zocki
Edited by Zocki
  • Sad 1
  • MTA Anti-Cheat Team

Please read the MTA banning policy at https://forum.multitheftauto.com/topic/116414-ban-appeals-information-how-to-appeal-your-global-ban/

The policy means that you're wrong (or could be wrong) on all points.

* your statements in italic

1) "a permanent MTA ban isn't justified"
This isn't a permanent ban. This ban also doesn't mean you are guilty. As you can read in the ban policy, bans with "EMAIL: X" in the reason are investigative bans.
Bans like this are meant to allow (force) questioning.

2) 

"Nobody has solid proof that it was actually me impersonating Cookie"
"There's no proof that I deleted maps, the only proof you could have is the logs of me accessing servers"

You don't know what we got yet, as because of not following the procedure you haven't heard us out yet.
There will be room to discuss what happened (the original report, evidence, etc) during the questioning.

3) 

"It's their own fault for giving passwords away while knowing anyone can access maps and delete them"
Even though it's not smart to give out passwords without checking if someone isn't impersonating someone, it doesn't justify abusing this stupidity and doing something illegal.

"There's no specific rule that states you can't delete resources"
Taking destructive actions with illegimately aqcuired access is the definition of hacking & is illegal. There are no excuses in how stupid someone was to allow you so either.

If someone first impersonates a staff member in order to get password leaked, then goes ahead and enters a mapping server with that, and then deletes all maps, it's unauthorized, hacking. Clearly malicious.

"I have never used hacks, trainers or any kind of cheating software"

Please, again, read our ban policy. Hacking and malicious attacks can also result in a ban.

So now, at least your accusations against us are out of the way.
Please send a message to the e-mail address in the ban message, so that we can start the investigation process per our ban policy.