Help a layman!

Mature

Hi guys, I have a server and would like you to give me some important tips for good performance and the shortest possible time on server and client, and one question, I created a Shaders system where CJ leaves White, which can result in frame drops? as all players would use this modification!

Well, remember to use local variables, nil global variables the moment it is no longer needed. Close any file you open after you're done with it. Just basic common sense really, anything at all you put into play should be put down after its use is up. Shortest possible time on server and client doesn't make much sense to me. And not familiar with the shader system, but makes sense if it may cause a frame drop depending on how complex it is. So... Only use it you feel it worth the performance it may cost...

• Scripting Moderators
8 hours ago, Mature said:

Hi guys, I have a server and would like you to give me some important tips for good performance and the shortest possible time on server and client, and one question, I created a Shaders system where CJ leaves White, which can result in frame drops? as all players would use this modification!

Should help a bit - https://springrts.com/wiki/Lua_Performance

23 hours ago, Mature said:

a) Loops indexed by numbers, synchronize element's data as little as possible, think twice before creating a global variable.

b) If your shader is correctly implemented it shouldn't suppose a problem for a PC which can run GTA San Andreas.