[HELP] Creating an interior "With Windows"

I had the idea of creating an interior "With Windows" where there would be a real city, on the example of GTA Online. I kind of figured out how it works and how to do it. But I would like to know if it is possible to make several apartments (In GTA Online the same business or house is in the same place, and the view from the window is the same, but at the same time each player is in its interior). Tell me how this can be created and is it possible at all? Or did I not understand how it was arranged at GTAO?

Have you tried dimensions? setElementDimension You can put all objects into dimensions -1, making them visible in every dimension, but keep players in seperate dimensions. Alternatively, you can manage the visibility of the objects manually through clientside scripts: Keep players in seperate dimensions but put the objects into the dimension of the localPlayer, on the client.

Edited by MrTasty
  • Thanks 1
25 minutes ago, MrTasty said:

Have you tried dimensions? setElementDimension You can put all objects into dimensions -1, making them visible in every dimension, but keep players in seperate dimensions. Alternatively, you can manage the visibility of the objects manually through clientside scripts: Keep players in seperate dimensions but put the objects into the dimension of the localPlayer, on the client.

Thanks! I was wondering about this method, but I didn 't know if the objects would be displayed coherently. I understand that everyone will sync, but the players will not be displayed?

• Administrators

Open world interiors is possible. The way you go about doing it is up to you. There are ways that you can retain or destroy performance.

GTA 5 uses MILO for interiors. I barely have any knowledge on them, but I've done some reading and found that it might be done by projecting an image, from a camera placed at the window. When the player opens the door, they'll be teleported to another dimension while a chunk of the GTA 5 environment remains loaded.
Most of these are speculations. I cannot tell how exactly it works.

If your interior has props (so not just 1 whole model) I would suggest you only have them load within a small radius else you'll have a large excess of elements streamed in, which can cause issues with performance.

There are some GTA SA interiors - mostly for cutscenes, which have a chunk of the map to be seen from its windows. You can do this yourself to imitate the GTA 5 interior system.

I was working on an open world interior but never finished. https://streamable.com/9bk4v

I just found this video and it might be exactly what you're looking for:

Edited by Tut
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
10 hours ago, Tut said:

Open world interiors is possible. The way you go about doing it is up to you. There are ways that you can retain or destroy performance.

GTA 5 uses MILO for interiors. I barely have any knowledge on them, but I've done some reading and found that it might be done by projecting an image, from a camera placed at the window. When the player opens the door, they'll be teleported to another dimension while a chunk of the GTA 5 environment remains loaded.
Most of these are speculations. I cannot tell how exactly it works.

If your interior has props (so not just 1 whole model) I would suggest you only have them load within a small radius else you'll have a large excess of elements streamed in, which can cause issues with performance.

There are some GTA SA interiors - mostly for cutscenes, which have a chunk of the map to be seen from its windows. You can do this yourself to imitate the GTA 5 interior system.

I was working on an open world interior but never finished. https://streamable.com/9bk4v

Thanks!