JeViCo

Anti-cheat missing (custon client)

Posted (edited)

Anti-cheat doesn't work in custom clients (except for SD). It feels like i turned off it manually using <disableac></disableac>

Can i enable it somehow? It seems to be a big security issue for custom clients
BTW i downloaded it on github on 27.10.2019

Edited by JeViCo
date added

Anti-cheat will not function correctly on custom clients. You'll have to make your own

2 hours ago, ccw said:

Anti-cheat will not function correctly on custom clients. You'll have to make your own

several servers use custom clients however i get kicked when i try to run some sort of trainer. According to kick reason It looks like default MTA's anti-cheat. Did servers' owners upgrade their anti-cheat or use old version of MTA? Can i increase compatibility manually somehow?

5 hours ago, JeViCo said:

however i get kicked when i try to run some sort of trainer. According to kick reason It looks like default MTA's anti-cheat.

That's because there is a very limited, although somewhat functional basic anti-cheat in netc.dll for forks and custom clients. Even though it offers a really weak security (it's not secure at all) and still requires you to supplement it with your own anti-cheat.

Because of popular demand for information regarding this, I added this wiki page: https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/Anti-cheat_support_for_custom_builds

I hope it helps.

• Thanks 1

Even the basic anti cheat for custom clients will be ending soon because it is too hard to maintain. Why do you want to use a custom client?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ccw said:

Why do you want to use a custom client?

1) Fast model loading (high amount of custom models (map & skins & vehicles) takes a lot of time to replace especially on older PCs while loading .img files directly takes a couple of minutes to load everything)
2) Interface enhance (working around main menu mostly)

Edited by JeViCo

3) ability to protect own resources (models, textures) (.img encryption)

4) ability to enable some things which were disabled in MTA (animGroup of setVehicleHandling(), etc)

5) ability to add extra vehicles/etc

and some other