Anti-cheat missing (custon client)

JeViCo

Question

Anti-cheat doesn't work in custom clients (except for SD). It feels like i turned off it manually using <disableac></disableac>

Can i enable it somehow? It seems to be a big security issue for custom clients
BTW i downloaded it on github on 27.10.2019

Edited by JeViCo
date added

6 answers to this question

2 hours ago, ccw said:

Anti-cheat will not function correctly on custom clients. You'll have to make your own

several servers use custom clients however i get kicked when i try to run some sort of trainer. According to kick reason It looks like default MTA's anti-cheat. Did servers' owners upgrade their anti-cheat or use old version of MTA? Can i increase compatibility manually somehow?

• MTA Anti-Cheat Team
5 hours ago, JeViCo said:

however i get kicked when i try to run some sort of trainer. According to kick reason It looks like default MTA's anti-cheat.

That's because there is a very limited, although somewhat functional basic anti-cheat in netc.dll for forks and custom clients. Even though it offers a really weak security (it's not secure at all) and still requires you to supplement it with your own anti-cheat.

Because of popular demand for information regarding this, I added this wiki page: https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/Anti-cheat_support_for_custom_builds

I hope it helps.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, ccw said:

Why do you want to use a custom client?

1) Fast model loading (high amount of custom models (map & skins & vehicles) takes a lot of time to replace especially on older PCs while loading .img files directly takes a couple of minutes to load everything)
2) Interface enhance (working around main menu mostly)

Edited by JeViCo