Player options

MISTO

My idea is to choose a ped OR a customizable cj with a menu (the menu idea is not posted)

something like this:

26cj.jpg

mucle and fat are %

37ng.jpg

This must be hard to coding (maybe impossible)

I did these images (thx paint) because I can't explain something correctly in this language...

hmm could be an options. but you can't see what CJ's clothes are and wich might be hard if you don't know the codes yet. Like there was a suggestion some time ago about the wardrobe in the menu and it wouldn't be fun to remake your cj all the time you join a server. so there hopely will come a small config file in your map wich will save cj's outfit to save time on remaking him... this option is allso good of use, but a little hard if you don't know the names of clothing.

oh and cuthair = haircut :wink:

and you forgot the "special" slot in the clothing list.

I have to admit I'd always pictured a cut down (Read FASTER) version of the Wardrobe, A little like the car/object browser in the editor, showing the current 'look' as different clothing options are scrolled through.

Whilst your suggestion, or the instant wardrobe would be nice for team play and new players to select a look, personally I'd like it to use the CJ I have in single player (automatically, without having to re-find all the items), I'd imagine pretty much everyone has a different look.

This doesn't take the many other ped models into account of course.

Thankfully, this is a feature that can be completely clientside. Provided of course you can't change your appearence while connected.

This will give it a low "problem factor", since it can be a once only transmission, and requires no update during game.

You just send a few packets with appearence data when connecting. Your client recieves this data, and stores it for use when you see that player.

If the transfer should fail you can always have our lovable skinny CJ as default as is now in MTA: SA.

However good this idea is, I still believe that the MTA team will turn their focus to function, before thinking about the aesthetics.

It wont noticably hit bandwidth usage at all, Unless it's done in an incredibly stupid way, and knowing the team as I do it certainly wouldn't be. So don't worry about lag.

I would personally like to see it done exactly as in single player - go into a store/safehouse and change your clothes.

Don't you find that incredibly clunky, slow and irritating though? Not being able to skip the damn door opening , step in, door close / vice verca, and the zoom (more like drift) in to the arms to look at the watch? All un-skippable - reminds me of the original resident evil and its infuriatingly unskippable door opening animations. Even for a RPG mode Where going into a shop or wardrobe makes sense and 'fits' I'd still like to see it replaced with something far far faster, instant preferably. Like the tony hawks games for example.

Edited by Guest

For an RPG mode, it would be good to go into the wardrobe, select your clothing from a custom GUI (maybe like the customisation page for those annoying WeeMee characters) and then exit the wardrobe when you've finished customising your character. I too hate that annoying animation that you can't skip.

Perhaps I'm in the minority, but I personally would like to see the game as close as to single player as possible.

It can be tedious finding the clothes you want, but I don't think that would be too much of a problem since you wouldn't need to change it that often, provided that it would be saved client-side so you had that clothes combo saved on every server.

in the hope that it is more fun.
the animation sequense is long yes, and it is faster like in the text or editor way, nothing bad about doing that. but when I say stick with SP I mean don't create something completely different that has nothing to do with gta and not adding some stuff that wasn't in sp... or even worse...
but when I say stick with SP I mean don't create something completely different that has nothing to do with gta and not adding some stuff that wasn't in sp... or even worse...

what about race editor. that was something completely different. mistos idea is great (except for a way to preview your clothes) and i think shopping should be left out. it would be better to have the clothing changed in a simple menu instead of an unnessasarily long trip to 4 stores to see if one outfit looks nice.

But if single player does something badly (changing clothes is very tedious) why not improve it?

I don't think it does it badly at all, I would prefer it to the menu system.

what about race editor. that was something completely different.

That is a totally NEW feature, not an improvement on an existing GTA feature.

But if single player does something badly (changing clothes is very tedious) why not improve it?

Their idea was good, however CJ has to exit the fitting room every time you change an item of clothing. This animation lasts about 5 seconds and cannot be skipped. You can't tell me you enjoy watching it over and over again?

Their idea was good, however CJ has to exit the fitting room every time you change an item of clothing. This animation lasts about 5 seconds and cannot be skipped. You can't tell me you enjoy watching it over and over again?

no but I still prefer it to a menu system :P

no but I still prefer it to a menu system :P

but why? i don't get whyd you'd like a dragged out tedious system over a quick change.