After getting a new GPU MTA freezes

John Smith

Question

Hi. After buying and installing a new GPU (AMD RX 580) I can no longer play MTA without it freezing 5 seconds after being in the menu.

Some additional info:

• GTA works if I delete GTA User Files and don't mess with some(?) setting(s), namely disabling framelimiter causes an instant issue where game actually works, but it's frozen in the current frame forever
  • Even if GTA works, mouse click support for it disappears after around a minute of playing. I do wanna note that some strange sound plays like 15 seconds prior to that (if I had to guess I'd say it's amd software center maybe because it had done something? idk)
  • Got MTA to work once with default GTA low settings, but after changing them to higher ones, the freeze issue comes
  • Before I got this GPU, I used integrated graphics in my current CPU, and it had it's own drivers. However, before installing my GPU and it's drivers, I had removed all Intel graphics drivers in Safe Mode with an utility program called Display Driver Uninstaller (from Guru3D), and afterwards I had installed newest graphics drivers from AMD
  • Tried other game to see if it's GPU issue (game: Heroes of Might and Magic III) and it worked fine
  • Tried reinstalling GTA and MTA, did not fix issue apart from reverting it to original settings on which it somewhat works (as specified above) but as soon as I want to change settings to anything humanlike normal, the freeze issue occurs

https://pastebin.mtasa.com/739591873

Thanks for reading

edit: maybe this is related?
https://community.amd.com/message/2945200

edit2: this has been temporarily fixed by reverting to an older driver, seems to be the problem in adrenaline 2020

Edited by John Smith

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet