A small list of suggestions

Strepto

I've played MTA:SA practically since it came out, I've made maps, I've been admin on a server. So naturally I've come up with a few suggestions.

Map editor suggestions:

Spawnpointcolor (minimap blip)

- Since this is implemented for checkpoints, I don't see why applying the same feature to player blips would be too hard. Also, it would be a great addition to any teambased map/script.

Spawnpoint Vehicle

- You can edit the .map file (plain text xml) to change the vehicle spawned at each spawnpoint (as long as you know it's ID). So why not add it to the map editor?

Spawnpoint Team

- This is just an idea for an addition that would help scripters when producing teambased addons. Also it could help control friendly fire.

Friendly Fire / Weapon disabler (on/off)

- For those hydra races, if you're running a pure racing server. And don't want people shooting down each other all the time (I've had to kick a lot of players for this reason. This could be defined in the map editor, to be saved in .map.

Laps (map editor)

- Lapped races aren't the most popular race type, but still widely used. So a way of making people take the checkpoints X times. Where X is the number of laps.

Map editor mouse control

- This is something that isn't necessary, but i personally would like to be able to control rotation of an object on all axis by mousebutton combinations + mouse movement.

Client/Server admin suggestions:

Player notice/alert

- In the form of something like a javascript alert, or a text that cannot be missed in chat/on screen. If you post the rules of your server in the chat, they will quickly be scrolled away. And players most likely won't bother opening the console to view them. So wouldn't it be better if admins could give players an in-your-face notice about stuff, rules/warnings.

Player Kill

- Admin command, "rcon kill ". Freezing a player in order to get him to look at what you're trying to tell him about i.e rules etc. doesn't work too well. And it leaves the player unmovable by other players, and a hindrance in races. Also, you could avoid those who just love to make life miserable for other by doing everything they can to stop people from winning.

Chatwindow Config

- Let's say i have a server with 32 players online, and everyone chatting frequently. And I'm trying to talk to someone, but I can't keep up with what he's writing. I can't go into the console, cuz it scrolls down everytime there's a new message. So how about configurable chatwindow, size, position, color?

Console changes

- The above mentioned autoscrolling should be relatively easy to change. i.e it only autoscrolls if scrollbar is at bottom. Also, there is some bug (at least for me), which is, when i type a in console, it sometimes clears the field. I've found that if I use ctrl+c ctrl+v it elliviates the issue for some time.

Net graph

- FPS, Choke, Loss etc. (Yes i know fps is locked to 25, with frame limiter)

Edit: These are suggestions that shouldn't effect whatever type of map type you are running. These are suggestions for functions, that would be universal for every map/game type.

Critique is welcome, however not in the form of "that would suck" etc.

If you have an idea of a better way of solving a problem, it would be nice to hear it.

Edited by Guest