PortForwarding

Niels

4 answers to this question

A shame that it isn't totally accurate. For instance in the entry for my router it states

'To setup port forwarding on this router your computer needs to have a static ip address. Take a look at our Static IP Address guide to setup a static ip address. When you are finished setting up a static ip address, please come back to this page and enter the ip address you setup in the Static IP Address box below. '

Yet this is not so. I have a dynamic ip yet I port forward perfectly well with it.

A shame that it isn't totally accurate. For instance in the entry for my router it states
'To setup port forwarding on this router your computer needs to have a static ip address. Take a look at our Static IP Address guide to setup a static ip address. When you are finished setting up a static ip address, please come back to this page and enter the ip address you setup in the Static IP Address box below. '

Yet this is not so. I have a dynamic ip yet I port forward perfectly well with it.

I guess they 'lied' to make it easier to understand. I also use dhcp, but i always get the same ip-address. In larger networks (ISP's use sometimes dhcp) you'll get another IP-address everytime you connect..