MTA:SA General Use Scripts | Final Version!

Tommis

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did it too,but only in mta.mrc is change couse in server still is what was. I was restart Server, mIRC and Computer and this ddin't changed.

I found the solution to my question in the mta.mrc just now :D

There are two places where you need to edit two titles. 'default' en '$null' both for first time and returning visitors. So where you edited that line, there are three more to edit.

I first shut down the server and mIRC (I'm not sure if it's needed, but you also pull the powerplug before tweaking electrical equipment)

then i edited mta.mrc and then started server and mIRC. Worked at once.

omg, i can't belive this guy.
I don get it, it's a great tool... Or do you mean Aeron who edits posts? Or Meazle for being helpful? Or Arctos666 for not understanding it? You might not belive 'him', but i don't understand you :x

Anyway, i use it for a while now, and i love it. Thanks for sharing it. (i regged for saying this :P)

1. all of the above :P

i still don't get it :?

So you say,

-This tool sucks

-Aeron should think before he posts

-Meazle shouldn't be helpful. We have salvation army for those.

-And Arctos666 should've gone there, instead of having te guts to post his question here.

While you referred to "this guy" implying there's only one person.

:shock:

You're mean!

Hmm,

/me is very confused, and will probably stay that way.

[ONTOPIC] Thx everyone for the support, i will be releasing an update soon :P (U shoud see it in the auto updater soon) just adding some simple commands, and improving the functionality of some other commands. :)

Cya,

[XE]Tommis

Hi i recently got my server up and running with the mIRC scripting making my server give a welcome message etc. now i have done this my server says type !commands to see a list of working commands every time a new map starts! it also shows this for people that are not admin so people are trying commands which is very annoying coudl someone tell me how i can get it to stop saying this even if it disables this for admins to!

I first shut down the server and mIRC (I'm not sure if it's needed, but you also pull the powerplug before tweaking electrical equipment)

then i edited mta.mrc and then started server and mIRC. Worked at once.

For me this couldn't work, but when i done rebot my PC than was work. Now i do levels from 1 to 100.

- If you want to have level 1337, go ahead. (Edit in hashlogin)

I only add 0 after number (example: was 4 is 40) and with this what sad Tommis (look up) i was changed and when i was go to game i was seen [PP]Arctos is loggin in like Admin ( Level: 10 ).
!setwelcomemsg (it is said in the readme on page1)
But how to ALSO put the joiners name in the custom welcomemsg isn't said in there, and i think that is what Arctos wants.

My solution worked for me but not for him.

Thats easy..u want the person that joins your server in the welcomemsg?

than u type: !setwelcomemsg Welcome $mta.name($1,$2)

Not sure bout that :P Scripting not my best side but i think its like that..

Ahh, also, Aeron helped me make a new "!setinstructions" that automaticly seperates the Race Name from the instructions. Works like a charm. I will be releaseing this sooner or later for i am tring to release it.

Cya,

[XE]Tommis

I haven't downloaded your script, but I was wondering if the description in the first post is still up-to-date and you have to replace spaces with '-'. I would use a seperator between the map and the instructions, as it is easer to type and there are no misunderstandings (are '-' allowed in map names?). For example you could use $gettok(map name:instructions,1, 58 ) (I guess there are no ':' in map names).

Nice work, though I prefer scripting myself. It's more fun and I get what I need. But you created a good script for everyone who isn't able to (for reasons of knowledge, time or anything else). I guess my scripts are not that good to release them and they are not designed for distribution (no dialogs or such yet), but they seem to work. ;)

Ahh, also, Aeron helped me make a new "!setinstructions" that automaticly seperates the Race Name from the instructions. Works like a charm. I will be releaseing this sooner or later for i am tring to release it.

Cya,

[XE]Tommis

I haven't downloaded your script, but I was wondering if the description in the first post is still up-to-date and you have to replace spaces with '-'. I would use a seperator between the map and the instructions, as it is easer to type and there are no misunderstandings (are '-' allowed in map names?). For example you could use $gettok(map name:instructions,1, 58 ) (I guess there are no ':' in map names).

Nice work, though I prefer scripting myself. It's more fun and I get what I need. But you created a good script for everyone who isn't able to (for reasons of knowledge, time or anything else). I guess my scripts are not that good to release them and they are not designed for distribution (no dialogs or such yet), but they seem to work. ;)

I tried it and can use spaces, so just type the mapname as it is.

i can say, as your personal tester ( :D :D ) that your script is very good so far! as i told you before i really like it and i think u should release it!

Eightball

Hey,

Yes, the "!Startrace" or "!Changemap" work with the map name. For example "!Changemap Airport Dogfight".. that would change the map to the airport dogfight. Remember, you need to type the full map name in order for it to work. Including spaces. :P

Cya,

[XE]Tommis

what for is option !vote couse when i type !vote map name. next i see Error: to type different typs of maps type /vote map name. this is what i should see or no ??

P.S. Sugestion: The best time of map (when new map is started than we see line -> Map *** started. played **/** (**%) and next line is type !commands... and if you can do the line best time of map so the next line will be -> Best time in this map made Somebody - 03:23:90 (example).

Can you do that ??

P.S.2 can you do something like this -> !time somebody and next will be Somebody was playing in this server 23h 34min 56s (offcourse this is summary time). Can you do that ??

Edited by Guest