Map editor tools readme

Some ppl forced me -_-

Mass mover

This tool allows you to move all the objects within a map by a specified amount.

1. Download the tool at: http://home.deds.nl/~aeron/maps/mmove.exe

2. Do Start->run and type 'CMD'

3. Type this:

"" ""

Example:

You got the files "C:\This is Anywhere\mmove.exe" and "G:\Omgad G drive\Focking leet race.map" and you want to move it 60 units over the X axis, -56 units on the Y axis and nothing on the Z axis then the result would be:

"C:\This is Anywhere\mmove.exe" "G:\Omgad G drive\Focking leet race.map" 60 -56 0

4. Hit 'Enter'

5. Done

Map to IPL converter

This allows you to convert user created maps using the MTASA map editor, such as ramps and buildings, into the single player IPL files. Instructions on how to import IPL files into single player are below.

Note: This will not convert race objects, such as checkpoints and spawnpoints

1. Download the tool at: http://home.deds.nl/~aeron/maps/map2ipl.rar

2. Extract the files using WinRAR to a directory. (Both map2ipl.exe AND all.models)

3. Do Start->run and type 'CMD'

4. Type this:

"" "" ""

Example:

You got the files "C:\This is Anywhere\map2ipl.exe", "G:\Omgad G drive\Focking leet race.map" and want the destination file to be "Z:\Z drive leet\s\u\b\m\a\p\s\lollersaktes.ipl" then the result would be:

"C:\This is Anywhere\map2ipl.exe" "G:\Omgad G drive\Focking leet race.map" "Z:\Z drive leet\s\u\b\m\a\p\s\lollersaktes.ipl"

5. Hit 'Enter'

6. Done

IPL to Map converter (New version)

This allows you to convert maps that are already in your single player mode into an MTA .map format so it can be loaded onto the map editor and MTA:SA servers.

1. Download the tool at: http://home.deds.nl/~aeron/maps/ipl2map.exe

2. Do Start->run and type 'CMD'

3. Type this:

"" "" ""

Example:

You got the files "C:\This is Anywhere\ipl2map.exe", "G:\Omgad G drive\Focking leet race.ipl" and want the destination file to be "Z:\Z drive leet\s\u\b\m\a\p\s\lollersaktes.map" then the result would be:

"C:\This is Anywhere\ipl2map.exe" "G:\Omgad G drive\Focking leet race.ipl" "Z:\Z drive leet\s\u\b\m\a\p\s\lollersaktes.map"

4. Hit 'Enter'

5. Done

How to insert your IPL in GTA:SA

1. Copy you ipl to '\GTA San Andreas\data\maps\custom\'

2. Open up 'gta.dat' in '\GTA San Andreas\data\'

3. Search for the line that says 'IPL DATA\MAPS\country\countryW.IPL'

4. Add this line under it: '# custom'

5. Add here your costum IPL's in following format-line: 'IPL DATA\MAPS\custom\'

6. So your file result is this if your ipl was named 'hello.ipl'

IPL DATA\MAPS\country\countrys.IPL
IPL DATA\MAPS\country\countryE.IPL
IPL DATA\MAPS\country\countryW.IPL

#custom
IPL DATA\MAPS\custom\hello.ipl

# interiors
IPL DATA\MAPS\interior\int_LA.IPL
IPL DATA\MAPS\interior\int_SF.IPL
IPL DATA\MAPS\interior\int_veg.IPL

7. Save & close

Tools tools

A handy GUI interface around map2ipl.exe by Shotgun here:

http://gtam.cjb.hu/Projects/Converter.zip

This makes it easier to convert your maps into an IPL with a nice interface

noob's ftl

pro's ftw

Edited by Guest
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a request, I need a map mover that lets you add/subtract from the xyz of any objects but ONLY the objects selected. I could do this by cutting them and pasting them into a fake map file but it really would be nice to have a proper tool.

Adding on to this for the ultimate tool: for good looks and optimal smoothness I usually goto the map file to clone things and offset them by a certain increment. For example spawn points. Problem is, with these tools, you can only add 1 set amount to each. If, for example, I could copy 24 spawns into a file and tell the 1st to increase by 8x1 then second by 8x2 then 8x3 etc I could set them all quickly.

To do either of these tools it would most likely need a gui and show the map file (like bartons scm editor), let you highlight things, and then bring up a dialog with some nice options (maybe radio buttons to add/subtract from x/y/z).

Ok, so HOW is it used?

I put it to my SA maps folder, thinking it would allow me to do that race with traffic and stuff, but there's sign of the race being there at all. So what do I need to do?

No.. you cant race with traffic. You can't use .IPL's with MTA. You can however convert them into .MAP files which MTA does use, using the IPL > MAP converter. This is useful if you want to make a race map of some interior that's inaccessible in the game, or if you want to use existing things such as land masses for a custom map.

edit: if you were talking about .MAP > .IPL, nevermind.

Edited by Guest
Ok, so HOW is it used?

I put it to my SA maps folder, thinking it would allow me to do that race with traffic and stuff, but there's sign of the race being there at all. So what do I need to do?

The converter doesnt convert the race itself, it converts the map files, creating checkpoints etc would be useless.

The tool converts any user created maps made from custom objects and can place them in SA

Ok, first I'll make a suggestion. The page with the downloads should explain what the files are for, and how to use them.

And now to clarify, this would be used for example to build a big ramp up to Liberty that can be used in single player?

Ok, first I'll make a suggestion. The page with the downloads should explain what the files are for, and how to use them.

And now to clarify, this would be used for example to build a big ramp up to Liberty that can be used in single player?

Yes, say you created a large city using the MTA map editor you could convert them for single player.

THis is the same the other way round - if you used another tool to create maps that go straight into single player you can convert them to MTA

creating checkpoints etc would be useless.

Actually I think being able to do this, along with the ability to race them time-trial style ingame, would be awesome.

i meant that creating checkpoints in the map editor and expecting them to work in single player would be useless.

But since you mention it...it'd be pretty cool but it'd require SCM mods and that's another story

I think I did that as well, you are probably using the same filename (disregard different extension) as the output. I don't know why, but it refuses to let you use the same filename even though there would be a different extension on the new one?! Dunno why this is.

You can, however, make the names identical afterwards (except for the extension of course ie .map .ipl).