hyper active anti cheat system

You time out and your machine doesn't respond to the server's requests so it thinks you are cheating. Apparently the timer for cheat detection is shorter than the timer for timeout detection.

But timeout happened to me too..

I've noticed both happen to me frequently (prolly cause I'm on dialup, although I'm getting broadband pretty soon). A notable difference between the two is that if I just timeout, every other vehicle (other players) will usually freeze wherever they are (although, if I'm spectating, then other players will move in a repeated motion, like going in a straight line, or turning in a circle forever) and then I'll get a timeout error about 10 seconds later. When I get kicked for suspected cheating, its not like a timeout, its instantaneous, like im racing alongside someone, and then I'm kicked (no delays).

Another funny thing I saw last night, was a bug on my side (once again, probably connection-based). I was on Airport Dogfight, and this guy drove his car through the hydra vehicle change, and took off immediately, but he still appeared to be a car, so basically, I saw a car flying through the air shooting missiles (too bad I didnt think to take a screenshot, because it was funny shit :D)

If enough sent packets get dropped, the anti-cheat will kick you because the server 'sees' you suddenly warp, so it thinks you're cheating. The only way to reduce this would be to play on servers closer to you, and play without other apps using your connection to minimize lost packets.

You time out and your machine doesn't respond to the server's requests so it thinks you are cheating. Apparently the timer for cheat detection is shorter than the timer for timeout detection.

Very smart :) Hopefully this will be fixed soon :P