Full open source very well developed DayZ gamemode with barely any minor bugs

Fist

• MTA Anti-Cheat Team
On 09/10/2019 at 00:17, Fist said:

For base of this gamemode i used this open source gamemode that i found on github

That should have been unnecesary, because a much newer version of the official (not decompiled) DayZ gamemode is found at https://github.com/NullSystemWorks/mtadayz (also see recent posts in https://forum.multitheftauto.com/topic/75459-mtadayz-096a-out-now-open-source/). But okay, if your release barely has bugs and your own new features are awesome, then there's no reason for this not to be equally cool. Thanks for sharing!

NB: honest question, the github page I linked contains this: 

In the past, MTA DayZ used to be compiled, but now that it's open source, there's hope that development will be much more active, with people contributing to make this gamemode even better

Why don't you just contribute to the original project and implement your modifications to the updated version there?

47 minutes ago, Dutchman101 said:

NB: honest question, the github page I linked contains this: 

Why don't you just contribute to the original project and implement your modifications to the updated version there?

At the time i started doing something with this gamemode i didn't like the way that gamemode was heading to and i also was running my own dayz server and didn't want it to be public that something i was working on and also i tried to make a unique gamemode as well so that people would actually be interested in playing my server so that's one reason that i wanted to make my own instead just contributing to something that's already is available, i also wanted to take it to the other route which was more dayz epoch style if you ever have played it, which is why i called it dayzepoch too. There was way more features i wanted to make too such as well developed base creation and some other cool fun stuff that can be replayed over and over so that you don't get bored. That's why i used this less edited dayz gamemode and just simply made all the stuff i needed instead of removing like 50% from the gamemode that you linked, i just needed a decent starting point i guess :D as i wasn't really bothered at the time to create it from scratch. Also the only reason i even released this is because for more a year i've quit MTA pretty much and didn't want time that i put into this to be wasted so i just decided to release it for others to use it. So that said, last time i even made anything in this dayz gamemode was over a year ago. I just kept files on my computer all that time :D.

Edited by Fist

Hi, i really am sad to see people branching out and making own gamemodes based of open sourced gamemodes instead of just contributing to open source projects. If you disliked the way our official DayZ project was heading, you could have discussed it with the devs, we could have even make a branch for a separate branch of the gamemode with epoch approach.
I'm sorry to say, but you do not posses the proper licencing rights over the base dayz version you used so you are in violation of copyright rules. I will give you 48 hours to completely delete you repository and all links to it before filling a DMCA claim for breaking copyright rules. Take this as a fair notice before legal actions as a token of good will on NullSystemWorks side.
NullSystemWorks and their devs are the only ones that hold proper licencing for previous compiled DayZ gamemodes. The only legal version to open source and branch out on is https://github.com/NullSystemWorks/mtadayz
Like I said, you have 48hs before a DMCA.

I discourage any servers to use this version of the gamemode as we will also file DMCA takedown requests to your ISPs. 
Good Day.

2 hours ago, .:CiBeR:. said:

Hi, i really am sad to see people branching out and making own gamemodes based of open sourced gamemodes instead of just contributing to open source projects. If you disliked the way our official DayZ project was heading, you could have discussed it with the devs, we could have even make a branch for a separate branch of the gamemode with epoch approach.
I'm sorry to say, but you do not posses the proper licencing rights over the base dayz version you used so you are in violation of copyright rules. I will give you 48 hours to completely delete you repository and all links to it before filling a DMCA claim for breaking copyright rules. Take this as a fair notice before legal actions as a token of good will on NullSystemWorks side.
NullSystemWorks and their devs are the only ones that hold proper licencing for previous compiled DayZ gamemodes. The only legal version to open source and branch out on is https://github.com/NullSystemWorks/mtadayz
Like I said, you have 48hs before a DMCA.

I discourage any servers to use this version of the gamemode as we will also file DMCA takedown requests to your ISPs. 
Good Day.

I think you misunderstood something. I didn't use base version of your dayz gamemode that's by NullSystemWorks, neither i ever intended to nor have i done it.

• MTA Anti-Cheat Team
On 11/10/2019 at 22:00, Fist said:

I think you misunderstood something. I didn't use base version of your dayz gamemode that's by NullSystemWorks, neither i ever intended to nor have i done it.

He means that the version that you based your modification on, was illegitimately acquired. As the github page of said version describes: 

The old MTA:DayZ 0.6r292, but decompiled

At the moment, DayZ gamemode was not yet opensource, nor was this person (mihayy5 aka Tekken, who got similar criticism multiple times for his copy being illegitimate in this topic). Only later did the maintainers of closed-source DayZ gamemode make it open-source and assembled an open-source developer team, becoming "NullSystemWorks". This means that all material (copy)rights are still with them, therefore giving them the power to act against 'pirated' copies like the old decompiled base version you used. That is what he meant with this;

On 11/10/2019 at 19:19, .:CiBeR:. said:

NullSystemWorks and their devs are the only ones that hold proper licencing for previous compiled DayZ gamemodes

8 hours ago, Dutchman101 said:

He means that the version that you based your modification on, was illegitimately acquired. As the github page of said version describes: 

At the moment, DayZ gamemode was not yet opensource, nor was this person (mihayy5 aka Tekken, who got similar criticism multiple times for his copy being illegitimate in this topic). Only later did the maintainers of closed-source DayZ gamemode make it open-source and assembled an open-source developer team, becoming "NullSystemWorks". This means that all material (copy)rights are still with them, therefore giving them the power to act against 'pirated' copies like the old decompiled base version you used. That is what he meant with this;

years ago when dayz just got out and so on at that release of that version, i was looking into decompiled code that was available all over different forums as i recall none of those were even close similar to the code that was on mihayy5's github posted. To me all these complains looks like someone's trying to imitate copyrights to the "DayZ" gamemode idea itself, as none of these people do have them rights to.

That said, i'm not going to take it down as original gamemode i used for this is still up and running on github. If you can take it down from there, i'll gladly take my own down as well.

Edited by Fist

I have given you 48hours to comply and you failed to do that. The "idea" behind MTA:DayZ is not copyrighted since nobody has licencing agreements with the original Game Devs(DayZ Devs) What is copyrighted are the base game files you used to base your gamemode off. https://github.com/mihayy5/mtadayz07 is an illegal code distribution repository so since you based your gamemode off of it, you are breaking copyright rules. I have submitted DMCA takedowns.

On 14/10/2019 at 19:00, .:CiBeR:. said:

I have given you 48hours to comply and you failed to do that. The "idea" behind MTA:DayZ is not copyrighted since nobody has licencing agreements with the original Game Devs(DayZ Devs) What is copyrighted are the base game files you used to base your gamemode off. https://github.com/mihayy5/mtadayz07 is an illegal code distribution repository so since you based your gamemode off of it, you are breaking copyright rules. I have submitted DMCA takedowns.

Why then the license for this gamemode appeared much later?
https://github.com/NullSystemWorks/mtadayz/commit/2cf21db59c289071a102137975eccda1b1bd0efb

Edited by XaskeL

My gamemode was released as OPEN SOURCE after Lawliet released the "official" DayZ Gamemode as OPEN FnCKING SOURCE (that means anyone can download edit and release they'r own sh!t that's based on the original code as long as they don't claim OWNERSHIP of the cod, thing that I have not done, so my repository was totally clean and I have had all the rights to release it as is), even more when they have put up the "official" team I signed up to be a part of the team but at the time Lawliet thinked I was not good enough so I just waited to see what they release, I did not licked at all so I told myself seeing that DayZ is now Open Source I may release my own version seeing that a lot of people wanted an pur version of the gamemode, si I just released https://github.com/mihayy5/mtadayz07 but man I was wrong.

I may release an other version since I no longer have access to the GitHub version (fool me I was thinking it will be safe on GitHub...).

Greetings.

• 1 year later...