Online Cheating Part II - Evidence

^as for that

i wasn't talking about shadow. once again, if you bothered to read, i was talking about UK's situation, about the explosive barrels

nice job detective

What makes you think I was talking about your post?

If I had been talking to you I would have quoted you.

Think before you start to accuse people. :?

(And yes I've read all the posts in this topic)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol ah I see it was deleted. Developers PM me if you want it.

I didn't intentionally try to find cheats, I found it by accident for mtasa.

I don't even care about cheating in races-I rarely race anyways. The point is that it can be done easily, as this is proof.

This cheat could be easily detected by having the server check the server clock vs. the players clock. When you activate this cheat the clock goes faster then normal. So if a player's clock was suddenly 10 seconds faster then the servers, he would be autokicked.

I've been running game servers for 10 years though, and the best anticheat is good admins.

This cheat could be easily detected by having the server check the server clock vs. the players clock. When you activate this cheat the clock goes faster then normal. So if a player's clock was suddenly 10 seconds faster then the servers, he would be autokicked.

...I thought the game clock was fps dependant :?

Yeah, but using something thats fps independant, is unaccurate. If someones fps is at 10, the clock would take 2/3 seconds to go up 1 second.

Like the speed values of the vehicles, are also fps dependant, you can be at 1fps driving at what the game thinks is full speed, and take 5 hours to cross the map, when it would only take 5minutes for someone at 25fps'. result in mta is warp when the coords are recieved.

LOL lmn8r. Why is there a thread about you? That's whacky, though somehow i'm not surprised.

This is the one and only Nooblet, by the way.

Personally I don't like cheats/hacks. Only thing I can stomach is modifying the handling.cfg files. Cause the servers detect those, and I only ever use handling.cfg cars on the Virginia stuntport server, since its allowed there. Any other server I revert all my stuff cause otherwise it kicks me if it has cheating enabled.

FPS don't change, the game speed does though. By speeding up the game, it thinks time is passing 10x faster then normal; your clock in the top right will speed by at 20 seconds for every real-life second.

In a sense it takes advantage of the FPS limiter. if FPS are limited to 25 per second, and the game is going at 10 seconds per second, then I am seeing a frame rate of 250 FPS.

If my computer can potentially get 250 FPS if there was no limiter then my speedhack works up to 10x. Therefore, the lower I set my display settings (like 640x480, lowest everything) I can pump the speedhack to insanely high speeds. Because the speedhack speeds up the entire game itself, not only can you drive fast, but you can take turns fast; and yes-shoot insanely fast with tank or apache or harrier...

As you can see by this previous thread: http://forum.mtavc.com/viewtopic.php?t=15660 it is very effective in races. Remember, I was doing it very obviously at max settings-you could tweak it to run only 1.2x faster then normal and it would be undetected.

As I stated before, speedhacks could be easily detected. Simply write a script in anticheat.def or whatever to check the clients clock (the white one that starts at whenever the map's clock starts in the top right) to the server's clock (the one in the bottom right that starts at the beginning of the race). If the client's clock is way faster, then he/she gets autokicked or banned.

Also I dunno if its blocked or not, but you could still get around the handling.cfg check by editing vehicles.ide, and changing the vehicle parameters so that a rancher for example performs like an infernus, because when the game goes to look for the rancher's handling settings in handling.cfg, it uses the infernus's values instead. This translates into a speedy rancher in races.