Online Cheating Part II - Evidence

Those videos just show the simple fact that he's using No-damage cheats.

I wonder why doesn't the anti-cheat kick him. Does the server even have one? :shock:

Gee, if the anticheat cant see that kind of cheating, it better be updated... :roll:

You're right - it has no anticheat running, i know for sure cos i just swapped my handling file for a horrifically modded one and it let me on no problem :(

Its strange cos its usually always one of the top5 most occupied servers - yet no anticheat, and something else ZR350 from PowerPimps noticed none of the maps have been updated since MTASA was released.

.....Somewhere in the world there will be a room with a television, a fridge, an MTASA server - and a dead body on the floor.

:shock:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really think that many people are mistaking glitches for cheaters. Please remember game object's 'life' is not synchronised, its possible for something to blow up on one client and not the others. This is something we may resolve in the future. Look at the map 'break' where this frequently happens. Anyway, please make sure you're absolutely certain before accusing someone of cheating, they quite likely aren't.

I really think that many people are mistaking glitches for cheaters. Please remember game object's 'life' is not synchronised, its possible for something to blow up on one client and not the others. This is something we may resolve in the future. Look at the map 'break' where this frequently happens. Anyway, please make sure you're absolutely certain before accusing someone of cheating, they quite likely aren't.

we've established that it was cheating, because people have been able to enter the server with modified files. we all know that on maps like break where people "magically" float over boxes, it's just that we see no boxes and they do.

we've established that it was cheating, because people have been able to enter the server with modified files. we all know that on maps like break where people "magically" float over boxes, it's just that we see no boxes and they do.

I had an incident on Destruction Derby where I was one of the last 2 players alive. I shoved the other guy into a barrel, the barrel exploded next to him, and I caught fire. Strange bit was that he didn't explode and he won the game :?

This is the type of incident that asks for it to be resolved, but with high pings it may be an inherrant problem

I had an incident on Destruction Derby where I was one of the last 2 players alive. I shoved the other guy into a barrel, the barrel exploded next to him, and I caught fire. Strange bit was that he didn't explode and he won the game :?

This is the type of incident that asks for it to be resolved, but with high pings it may be an inherrant problem

Cheating is very bad indeed, I hate cheaters.. But isn't it right that the cheaters are always a step before the anticheaters? That it may seem as already lost battle?

the anti cheat is fine. the only "real" cheating is done in servers where cheating is allowed. as for UK Red's situation.

You saw -

1. Him drive into a barrel

2. It exploded on your game

3. You died

He saw -

1. He misses the barrel

2. It doesn't explode

3. You died

and this only happens because the person playing is always right. he might have lagged into the barrel, but since your game still sees it as an object smacking into the barrel, it just knows to detonate it on your side. since he saw nothing hit the barrel, he wouldn't have seen it explode, killing him too. kinda hard to explain :)

Cheating is very bad indeed, I hate cheaters.. But isn't it right that the cheaters are always a step before the anticheaters? That it may seem as already lost battle?

the anti cheat is fine. the only "real" cheating is done in servers where cheating is allowed. as for UK Red's situation.

You saw -

1. Him drive into a barrel

2. It exploded on your game

3. You died

He saw -

1. He misses the barrel

2. It doesn't explode

3. You died

and this only happens because the person playing is always right. he might have lagged into the barrel, but since your game still sees it as an object smacking into the barrel, it just knows to detonate it on your side. since he saw nothing hit the barrel, he wouldn't have seen it explode, killing him too. kinda hard to explain :)

but when anticheat is not enabled, there is no way wondering that some n00bs use cheats. (why n00bs? I think decent players do not cheat).

But MTA:SA may not be as hacked as for example counter-strike, because it does exist for only a short period of time, so not many cheats and hacks were made), so there is not problem with cheating on anticheat servers. I have not seen MTA blue code and most probably I won't :), so I can't tell how it does handle cheating attemps etc.

But when you take other games, for example the aforementioned CS, there is high probability that online players will cheat even on anti-cheat servers, because it is endless loop the dealing with cheaters. New cheat is found, it becomes available, anticheat dudes will examine it and block it. Then another cheat comes, another anticheat comes.

I hope for the good of all of us that MTA:SA servers in the future when it will become more popular won't be as crammed with cheaters as the other popular games are... :)

Edited by Guest

but when anticheat is not enabled, there is no way wondering that some n00bs use cheats. (why n00bs? I think decent players do not cheat).

But MTA:SA may not be as hacked as for example counter-strike, because it does exist for only a short period of time, so not many cheats and hacks were made), so there is not problem with cheating on anticheat servers. I have not seen MTA blue code and most probably I won't :), so I can't tell how it does handle cheating attemps etc.

But when you take other games, for example the aforementioned CS, there is high probability that online players will cheat even on anti-cheat servers, because it is endless loop the dealing with cheaters. New cheat is found, it becomes available, anticheat dudes will examine it and block it. Then another cheat comes, another anticheat comes.

I hope for the good of all of us that MTA:SA servers in the future when it will become more popular won't be as crammed with cheaters as the other popular games are... :)

Edited by Guest

Well I can say that this guy (Shadow) is a cheater, because I saw him doing it.

Or can you say that, going almost 80 degree angle up the mt. chiliad full speeded with a sabre, is caused by lag?

Or then jumping down there, flipping few times, landing on your roof and not losing any damage is caused by lag?

I dont think so. But hey, if you wanna be sure, go check it out yourself. :wink::arrow:

Or can you say that, going almost 80 degree angle up the mt. chiliad full speeded with a sabre, is caused by lag?

Or then jumping down there, flipping few times, landing on your roof and not losing any damage is caused by lag?

I dont think so. But hey, if you wanna be sure, go check it out yourself. :wink::arrow:

if you'd bother to read everything here you would see that we already know he was cheating.

You're right - it has no anticheat running, i know for sure cos i just swapped my handling file for a horrifically modded one and it let me on no problem :(

^as for that

i wasn't talking about shadow. once again, if you bothered to read, i was talking about UK's situation, about the explosive barrels

nice job detective

I have adapted a speedhack from the game counter-strike to work in mta: san andreas. It makes some vehicles go 5-10x faster then normal. Obviously, giving you a huge advantage in races. So far it works in all protected and unprotected servers.

Edited by Guest
I have adapted a speedhack from the game counter-strike to work in mta: san andreas. It makes some vehicles go 5-10x faster then normal. Obviously, giving you a huge advantage in races. So far it works in all protected and unprotected servers.

I'm sorry, but you're ridiculous. :lol:

:shock:

Just curious - why? :?

..and i do hope you keep it to yourself :x