Online Cheating Part II - Evidence

:mrgreen: Hello Stuntmuffins :shock:

Okay following on from my recent thread regarding suspected online cheating, i've been keeping an eye out for suspicious activity, and as usual always have Fraps in my holster cocked loaded n ready for action :lol:

Plenty of suspicious activity, but nothing i could say for sure was cheating, maybe it was my imagination, maybe it was "server issues", or maybe they just really are that good a player :?

Until last night.

On Declains Playground server, one of the most popular - some players started ranting "F :shock: ckin hacker" this and "Cheatin b@stard" that - which aint uncommon especially when the kids get home from school lol. Anyways I carefully parked my Hydra deep inside the roof of a local building, so started viewing the accused player - and man, i was astonished about what i witnessed. I got the best bits recorded in the times between my ass getting pwned and map respawning - he was on for hours with no admin activity.

Heres the first example for you to have a look at, see if you think this is a "bug" or lag or my imagination. I'd be interested to hear what you think. Pay particular attention to the moment his car hits the ground, as well as his health.

Linkage --> http://files.to/get.php?cid=763c48b771c723484e7bb91be12d6df4

I do have a few more examples, but i'm off to work soon so i'll have to upload and post them later on today when i get back

P.S. You'll need the 3ivX codec to view the video - it comes with the latest K-Lite Codec Pack so deal with it & dont bitch at me :lol: Sorry but its the best codec for gameplay vids and the only one i use or know how to use properly. :wink:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:mrgreen: Hello Stuntmuffins :shock:

Okay following on from my recent thread regarding suspected online cheating, i've been keeping an eye out for suspicious activity, and as usual always have Fraps in my holster cocked loaded n ready for action :lol:

Plenty of suspicious activity, but nothing i could say for sure was cheating, maybe it was my imagination, maybe it was "server issues", or maybe they just really are that good a player :?

Until last night.

On Declains Playground server, one of the most popular - some players started ranting "F :shock: ckin hacker" this and "Cheatin b@stard" that - which aint uncommon especially when the kids get home from school lol. Anyways I carefully parked my Hydra deep inside the roof of a local building, so started viewing the accused player - and man, i was astonished about what i witnessed. I got the best bits recorded in the times between my ass getting pwned and map respawning - he was on for hours with no admin activity.

Heres the first example for you to have a look at, see if you think this is a "bug" or lag or my imagination. I'd be interested to hear what you think. Pay particular attention to the moment his car hits the ground, as well as his health.

Linkage --> http://files.to/get.php?cid=763c48b771c723484e7bb91be12d6df4

I do have a few more examples, but i'm off to work soon so i'll have to upload and post them later on today when i get back

P.S. You'll need the 3ivX codec to view the video - it comes with the latest K-Lite Codec Pack so deal with it & dont bitch at me :lol: Sorry but its the best codec for gameplay vids and the only one i use or know how to use properly. :wink:

It's difficult to say if this was a cheater or not. Since as far as I can see it the client calculates trajectories based on vectors and position at time of jump.

And you get this date, your client calculates it. But due to the lag you don't see him control the car in the air...

If he indeed was cheating, start with replicating the jump/crash. Especially since if he cheated, it's reasonable to assume he had some sort of speedhack as well.

It's difficult to say if this was a cheater or not. Since as far as I can see it the client calculates trajectories based on vectors and position at time of jump.

And you get this date, your client calculates it. But due to the lag you don't see him control the car in the air...

If he indeed was cheating, start with replicating the jump/crash. Especially since if he cheated, it's reasonable to assume he had some sort of speedhack as well.

^Good answer there.

I also have witnessed many players "cheating" (just scratching an explosion barrel, and blowing it up, but still going full speed with no health-loss. I believe it's just what I see, and what he sees is that he slightly steers and doesn't hit the barrel.)

It's hard to say from this video, maybe lag or a lucky landing...

Post some more if you have...

EDIT. I just visited Declain's playground and actually saw a guy called 'poo' using no-damage cheat and he could go full speed by pressing a button. Few people told me that he usually goes by the name of shadow. This name is on the video aswell.

(It looked pretty funny when he was going up mt. chiliad with a sabre. :) Very lame still.)

^Good answer there.

I also have witnessed many players "cheating" (just scratching an explosion barrel, and blowing it up, but still going full speed with no health-loss. I believe it's just what I see, and what he sees is that he slightly steers and doesn't hit the barrel.)

It's hard to say from this video, maybe lag or a lucky landing...

Post some more if you have...

EDIT. I just visited Declain's playground and actually saw a guy called 'poo' using no-damage cheat and he could go full speed by pressing a button. Few people told me that he usually goes by the name of shadow. This name is on the video aswell.

(It looked pretty funny when he was going up mt. chiliad with a sabre. :) Very lame still.)

Good answers!!! From all there - wow i'm impressed can see you lot aint gonna be a pushover :D

Strepto wow u know your stuff man respect - do the servers keep any sort of logs of gameplay? I used to play UT2004 (which keeps insanely detailed logs) and you could send vids like this to the admin, who would then investigate roll back thru the logs and report any findings to Epic for possible global GUID ban. Is there a way to contact server owners / admins when all u have is a name & IP in game?

Ariel nice move going there yourself - its something you have to see firsthand and aint easily replicated in video. I managed to coax him into chattin to me before i left the server and after much nagging he admitted he was cheating - he claimed he was "just testing out some mods so what was the problem?" - the problem was when he started actually "racing" and all u would see during the race was a blur whiz past and he won race after race when they were purely speed-based ones. It was interesting that he was furious when the map changed to a hydra one and "it wont move the way i want it to" - couple of Hydra videos of him later.

I thought to myself that looks like someone lagging really bad after i'd posted it - okay fair play, i guess it is inconclusive then lol

Your honour, i call exhibits #2 - #3 and #4 - same map same car a few minutes apart - he frequently would just stop and sit for a while doing nothing then roar off again at ridiculous speeds :crazy: Points to note : his health guage never taking a drop instead fluctuating at around the same level despite crashes that would have wiped out anyone else

Exhibit #2 - http://files.to/get.php?cid=088712278a43b09202aa5e007a165816

Exhibit #3 - http://files.to/get.php?cid=4fcc07c1eecd6a4807644b32e11c0521

Exhibit #4 - http://files.to/get.php?cid=9bf8aed1e257db942cfec9bfa03a796d

Again i look forward to your thoughts :wink:

Good answers!!! From all there - wow i'm impressed can see you lot aint gonna be a pushover :D

Strepto wow u know your stuff man respect - do the servers keep any sort of logs of gameplay? I used to play UT2004 (which keeps insanely detailed logs) and you could send vids like this to the admin, who would then investigate roll back thru the logs and report any findings to Epic for possible global GUID ban. Is there a way to contact server owners / admins when all u have is a name & IP in game?

Ariel nice move going there yourself - its something you have to see firsthand and aint easily replicated in video. I managed to coax him into chattin to me before i left the server and after much nagging he admitted he was cheating - he claimed he was "just testing out some mods so what was the problem?" - the problem was when he started actually "racing" and all u would see during the race was a blur whiz past and he won race after race when they were purely speed-based ones. It was interesting that he was furious when the map changed to a hydra one and "it wont move the way i want it to" - couple of Hydra videos of him later.

I thought to myself that looks like someone lagging really bad after i'd posted it - okay fair play, i guess it is inconclusive then lol

Your honour, i call exhibits #2 - #3 and #4 - same map same car a few minutes apart - he frequently would just stop and sit for a while doing nothing then roar off again at ridiculous speeds :crazy: Points to note : his health guage never taking a drop instead fluctuating at around the same level despite crashes that would have wiped out anyone else

Exhibit #2 - http://files.to/get.php?cid=088712278a43b09202aa5e007a165816

Exhibit #3 - http://files.to/get.php?cid=4fcc07c1eecd6a4807644b32e11c0521

Exhibit #4 - http://files.to/get.php?cid=9bf8aed1e257db942cfec9bfa03a796d

Again i look forward to your thoughts :wink:

There is a build in script which decreses heatlh when a vehicle is flipped. Your client calcualtes a different amount of damage because of lag between you and the server. server to the player your watching.

The server calculates less damage.

Ive seen cases where cars went on fire but after a second the were just marked red. :shock:

not a cheat

There is a build in script which decreses heatlh when a vehicle is flipped. Your client calcualtes a different amount of damage because of lag between you and the server. server to the player your watching.

The server calculates less damage.

Ive seen cases where cars went on fire but after a second the were just marked red. :shock:

not a cheat

Those videos just show the simple fact that he's using No-damage cheats.

I wonder why doesn't the anti-cheat kick him. Does the server even have one? :shock:

Gee, if the anticheat cant see that kind of cheating, it better be updated... :roll:

You're right - it has no anticheat running, i know for sure cos i just swapped my handling file for a horrifically modded one and it let me on no problem :(

Its strange cos its usually always one of the top5 most occupied servers - yet no anticheat, and something else ZR350 from PowerPimps noticed none of the maps have been updated since MTASA was released.

.....Somewhere in the world there will be a room with a television, a fridge, an MTASA server - and a dead body on the floor.

:shock: