Which is better?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better?

• MTA
    • SA-MP

Which do you prefer and why?

I prefer MTA, because SA-MP's team is cancer lol

http://prntscr.com/pcn3h8

I was banned for posting a tutorial on how to play SA-MP with the Rockstar launcher version of San Andreas xD

By coming to the MTA forums and asking which mod is better, you are only going to get one answer. But hey, at least here there can be some sort of discourse. On the SA-MP forums, even a small hint towards the notion of MTA will usually see you swiftly banned.

I remember looking through old threads here one day. There was discussion and speculation about how Kyle (or whatever his name is) actually stole some of MTA's early code to make SA-MP. If my memory serves me correctly, I believe he was even a member of the MTA Team at some point in time circa 2004 or 2005. I guess that is a real testament to the way each mod is run.

Politics aside, I find MTA to be much heavier on the system. The game is old enough so that shouldn't even be a factor anymore. But the trade off with that is, you get a ton more features. The extensibility of CEGUI, DirectX and CEF is honestly really amazing. All of these are a ton better than the server-side GUIs that SA-MP offers. I find MTA to be generally just made better.

MTA is also open-source, whereas SA-MP isn't - if that sort of thing is important to you.

SAMP for finding populated English speaking servers... MTA for script development. 

Posted (edited)

I have 7 years using SA:MP, but at this date that mod dont get any important update, the users claim for more security, free internet list in the client and dont get any reply for the main developer, i bring to MTA for the new features and the most important thing, the security.

Edited by Archinet