[LOOKING FOR] Paid developer for a big-scale server project

Liejam

We are currently working on a very big-scale MTA server, possibly the biggest project in the game. For this, we need one more advanced developer with a lot of experience scripting for servers.

There will also be payment involved. Money is not an issue. There's 2 of us working on this, me included. We're both programmers, but I'm admittedly not good enough to create what I have in mind. I can help with front-end stuff, as I love designing. I'm also a good video editor, which will come in handy.

If interested in taking this offer, please don't hesitate to contact me on Discord (name below) or put a reply here. Thanks in advance!

Discord: Liejam#6969

My apologies.

So, I'm Liam, been playing MTA (mainly DM) since around 2008. I've always had a dream of launching a server myself, and now that I'm old enough I can finally realize that. I've recently returned to MTA and I've lost my login credentials, so that's why I've made this new account.

I'm looking for one professional Lua developer (server needs to be synced to a website too to show statistics etc) to help create a multigamemode server. This is a PAID position (pay-per-script created), and money is not an issue. I just want to see a childhood dream finally realized. It's a bit different compared to a normal multigamemode server, but I'd prefer not to explain the details in public. The scripts are quite advanced however, so be wary.

With the exception of these few scripts that will make the server unique, it'll just be a "regular" multigamemode server. So if you're any interested, please don't hesitate to contact me on my Discord (Liejam#6969).

• 4 weeks later...

I don't recommend anyone dealing with this guy. Possibly a real scammer, probably is. I had a little experience with this guy since 2 days prior of this being posted. I showed him some stuff that i've made in the past which one of them was unfinished Trouble in Terrorist Town gamemode that i made like 2 years ago. He got interested in that, so then we made a deal where he'll pay me if i'm gonna finish it for him and few other things. We agreed on paying price half/half, first half when gamemode 50% done (which it already was) and the other half later when it's gonna be finished. Basically i never received my end of payment and he was always putting pay last in every conversation or didn't even bother mentioning that part in every single discussion we had. Also he was always mentioning that i was sketchy or something, even after i sent him gamemode that was promised despite that i even showed him way more stuff i've made and still he said i was sketchy meanwhile he's a fresh new registered face with no background whatsoever. That alone really just makes him feel like more of a scammer. I indeed myself was foolish for sending him a gamemode first but it was a project that i made like 2 years ago and before i even showed it to him i was actually about to release it to public i wasn't really bothered if he actually turned out to be a scammer, which he seems like he is. I just wanted to faster find out about what he is or if i should continue wasting my time writing to him. At the end of the day only what i wasted was 2 days of conversations with him. None the less, even that was super annoying to deal with as he didn't even seem to be bothered in finding time to discuss some stuff. Anyway, i'd recommend to stay away from this dude.

As a response to the guy above:

The guy came across as very aggressive throughout all of our conversations. He wanted to test his gamemode with me so I said sure. He'd make a local server so we can test it together. He couldn't manage to do that though, and without me saying anything about it (I do never want a resource before I've paid, I want to see it on a server, then I'll pay, then the scripter sends the resource) he just sent it the resource on Discord and said "put it on your server so we can test together".

Didn't think much of it at that point and did that. To be fair I liked the base gamemode and saw a lot of potential. Then he was like "alright, when are you paying me?" I was like, uhh. We didn't even discuss a price for it yet? And you don't know what I want with the gamemode? There's a lot of work to be done. Than he just said a price (seemed random and quite high to me) and wanted me to pay 50% (60€) up front and then the remaining 50% when the script is done. He seemed very hasty on getting my money. We tested at 1AM and he expected me to pay right after while we didn't even arrange anything and he just sent me his unfinished gamemode without me wanting that at all.

So now he's twisting it that I'm the scammer. While I'm not saying he's necessarily a scammer, please be cautious in using his services. I've had a lot of responses to this thread and I've found two good scripters so far, who I've paid accordingly using the 25/50/75/100 system (pay after every 25% completion of the script, and I'll pay 10% up front to the scripter). I'm open for other systems but this guy expected me to pay 60€ to a guy I don't know, and once I refuse he says I'm the scammer.

I will upload some screenshots of our Discord conversation in an hour.

Edited by Liejam
Made a mistake

First off, i did not actually call you a scammer. I'm just pointing out that you could be. Because of what i experienced with you, don't take this personally. I didn't act aggressive, neither i intended to. I just was discussing stuff that actually was related to for me and you to make business deal. I wasn't contacting you to chit chat, so maybe that's why you think i might have been aggressive towards you but i did not intend to neither i did. I do admit that i did wrong a bit towards where i just offered price without actually hearing your side but we also discussed previously overall price of all the gamemodes we discussed about. Which was 250 euros for 3 gamemodes (+ 25 euros) for a lobby selection and you agreed on that. I just took 48% of that as price for this gamemode as i judged it being most difficult to make out of all the other gamemodes. But i am sorry that i didn't make myself clearer in words with you with pricing of it with this.

1 hour ago, Liejam said:

I'm open for other systems but this guy expected me to pay 60€ to a guy I don't know, and once I refuse he says I'm the scammer.

I don't know how you can call this "upfront" when you clearly at this point of conversion have received discussed 50% of the gamemode and you yourself agreed paying 50% of the price as it was already 50% of the gamemode done. Also, yet again i'm repeating myself. I did not call you actually a scammer, i just pointed out that you could be one because of the experience i had dealing with you.

Firstly, I would like to highlight the point "Possibly a real scammer", he ain't a scammer, why? because i worked for him and still. Never faced any scam issues with him nor any delay in payment. Ofcourse its suspicious for asking 50% payment, that's general case beside taking it specifically for him.

Secondly, I have looked into your gamemode; do you really expect to get paid "50% (60€)" for that? I don't think that's even 25% worth the amount and you shouldn't be arguing over that because its noticeable.

I don't know if you know this but personally i would like to advice "Learn to respect, if you wanna be respected". By saying that i don't mean i am best scripter or better than you or lower than you. Infact noone is perfect developer, the more you learn the less it is; because the development filed is so diverse. Also now i would like to talk beside the scripter point of view, yea i know its suspicious to work for someone without knowing if he is legit or nope, but you could use a small amount of downpayment as startup not 50% upfront. 

I hope you take my advice for your next work and deal, Good Luck

Edited by Hisham
17 minutes ago, Hisham said:

Secondly, I have looked into your gamemode; do you really expect to get paid "50% (60€)" for that? I don't think that's even 25% worth the amount and you shouldn't be arguing over that because its noticeable.

It really doesn't matter what you think it could be worth. We discussed ideas, he liked them and then he offered me a deal which i told him estimated pricing as he wasn't sure about it and he agreed on that. Price for that gamemode was part of the price that all the 3 gamemodes would be worth all together from my perspective and he didn't argue about the price with it and agreed. Which was 250 euros together for 3 gamemodes.

17 minutes ago, Hisham said:

but you could use a small amount of downpayment as startup not 50% upfront

Clearly you didn't read the whole conversation. It wasn't "upfront". He already had access to the files, how that makes upfront?

Anyway, i don't really care at this point much. It is what it is. Not really going to go more in-depth with this. I just wrote my experience i had with this guy. I'm not saying he's actually a scammer. I was just pointing out that he could be of what i experienced.

No hard feelings.

Edited by Fist

I said I liked the 250 euro for the 3 gamemodes price, not that I accepted the deal. You act as if I owe you any money but I really don't.

You sent me the files randomly without any permission. Here's the proof of that.

LHjTtMY.png

Just randomly sent it. Don't try to blackmail me when you are clearly in the wrong. That you immediately released the gamemode for free speaks volumes about your intentions. I'm now sure you were trying to scam me. Be cautious.

Spoiler

0I6acqr.png

This clearly states that you were okay with the pricing not that you "liked". So i'm not really sure what you're going on about that statement.

8 minutes ago, Liejam said:

Just randomly sent it. Don't try to blackmail me when you are clearly in the wrong. That you immediately released the gamemode for free speaks volumes about your intentions. I'm now sure you were trying to scam me. Be cautious

How am i trying to blackmail you and also how am i suddenly trying to scam you that i even gave you files of what was discussed? Of course i'm gonna decide to release files after that you didn't want to pay me for the gamemode i sent you, you think i'm gonna just leave it privated for you to use? Like i can't know that you wouldn't go and try to resale this (theoretically). It's kind of stupid that you'd think i tried to scam you just because i decided to release it to public after you refused to pay me. I told you, no hard feelings yet you still going on with this non sense and even accusing me now that i tried to scam you. I would understand if this gamemode was actually available to download before i tried to sell it to you. You are just making yourself look stupid with this accusation.

14 hours ago, Fist said:

This clearly states that you were okay with the pricing not that you "liked". So i'm not really sure what you're going on about that statement.

Seriously? "Sounds reasonable to me" doesn't mean that I agree on the pricing, just that I think it was reasonable. This was in no way official. You're just making a fool of yourself right now.

14 hours ago, Fist said:

no hard feelings

Yet you made your unnecessary post on this thread after you didn't get what YOU want while nobody agreed on it. Just stop.

• 2 weeks later...