Grand Theft Camper (screenshots inside)

Guest NoTargeT

Grand Theft Camper is the latest race I made. Storyline is you leave from home with your Tornado, and drive to a campsite to steal a Journey. Then You proceed to drive the Journey to another campsite so your holliday can begin!

I tried to make semi realistic roadblocks of custom items that almost automatically make you follow the correct route. I hope you like the map, and I also hope some people get inspired to make more realistic racemaps :wink:

Road Map

DOWNLOAD Link

All my current races

Screenshots:

gtc1.JPG

gtc2.JPG

gtc3.JPG

gtc4.JPG

gtc5.JPG

gtc6.JPG

gtc7.JPG

gtc8.JPG

gtc9.JPG

Edited by Guest

Grand Theft Camper is the latest race I made. Storyline is you leave from home with your Tornado, and drive to a campsite to steal a Journey. Then You proceed to drive the Journey to another campsite so your holliday can begin!

I tried to make semi realistic roadblocks of custom items that almost automatically make you follow the correct route. I hope you like the map, and I also hope some people get inspired to make more realistic racemaps :wink:

Road Map

DOWNLOAD Link

All my current races

Screenshots:

gtc1.JPG

gtc2.JPG

gtc3.JPG

gtc4.JPG

gtc5.JPG

gtc6.JPG

gtc7.JPG

gtc8.JPG

gtc9.JPG

Edited by Guest

The roadblock design is indeed good.

but i have three issues with the map that makes it unsuitable for a real race:

1) its long. 90somthing checkpoints, on one of SA's slowest vehicles.

2) that part where you simulated a highway shutdown, and shunted traffic off to the other side was designed well, except for the explosive barrels. Sure, that keeps them from ramming the cones and ignoring your route, but what happens if you're in a race with someone else who rams a barrel and dies, sitting in the route? the other racers have nowhere else to go.

3) it also gets rather cramped in the tunnel, with the parked vehicles on the road. it's less likely someone will die here, but the opportunity to screw over players behind you by dying in that cramped place is still there.

It makes for a nice drive across the countryside though. overall not a bad map.

Thank you for your replies :D

It's indeed a long race, I guess that makes the map more of a showcase of what's possible and looks (semi)-realistic. As I said I hope it will give other mapmakers some inspiration and ideas for their maps.

I also used it to explore the boundaries of whats possible with the editor. The roadworks is about as big as a feature that you can make (with many small detailed objects). I had to remove objects from it because stuff was simply not showing up anymore (rows of traffic cones disappearing).

BTW latest update includes a fix for the vehiclechange. It was first a checkpointcarswitch, but that made the journey bounce up and flip over when breaking during checkpointchange. Now it's a smooth transition.