Liberty City Survivor - WIP

Might be a fun area for the RC 'planes or the go-kart, although I detest the Go-kart, if it is too small for a road race.

Will make a very nice little DM map when that is released I expect :)

Now the go-kart idea, I like! The LC area is definitely of a good size for a lap based track. And well, when the DM mode is released, Liberty City Survivor just has to be made for it! Natural Selection - has come home!

The one we played on in beta testing, we had bikes, was a cool map

Could you give me a link to it or send/upload it for me? ( you can DCC it on mIRC ) I'd really appreciate it :) ( Or if you don't have it, anyone else who has it perhaps can send me by the methods above 8) )

The one we played on in beta testing, we had bikes, was a cool map

Could you give me a link to it or send/upload it for me? ( you can DCC it on mIRC ) I'd really appreciate it :) ( Or if you don't have it, anyone else who has it perhaps can send me by the methods above 8) )

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I keep beginning from scratch intending to get the roads perfectly laid out, and to some extent I can. Until I have to begin with corners, uphills,downhills etc or any variation on whats going on and before I know it the whole thing is off. It is quite annoying :\

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I keep beginning from scratch intending to get the roads perfectly laid out, and to some extent I can. Until I have to begin with corners, uphills,downhills etc or any variation on whats going on and before I know it the whole thing is off. It is quite annoying :\

so you got to Liberty for mapping? How? I've wanted to make a race there since I found out it was in SA (haven't reached that in SP mode yet) actually I've wanted to do it since GTA3, but this will have to do.

So back to the point, how did you get to LC in the editor?

so you got to Liberty for mapping? How? I've wanted to make a race there since I found out it was in SA (haven't reached that in SP mode yet) actually I've wanted to do it since GTA3, but this will have to do.

So back to the point, how did you get to LC in the editor?

If you go to the first page of this thread or to MTA Centre, Aeron has posted a link to a .rar file. The folder contains .map files for all of the 'interior' locations in San Andreas, whack them in the map folder for the editor, and load the file up through the editor. What you'll have to do though is find the interior yourself since theyre actually located high above ground level. An easy way to do that is to go to the element list, hit any random element and follow the blip thatll come up on the radar, you won't really know where you're going but you will find something.

To make finding Liberty City easy, you want to open the 'Marco's Bitstro' map file, and go over to San Fierro airport. LC is high above the runway there.

I only played Tali's map a couple of times but I remember that you had to take a certain route in order to avoid falling through the map :P

It's probably easier to create fences around the course and only add objects below the ground in between the fences. You could, of course, just add objects below all areas of the map but it would take a long time and might exceed the object limit.

You could, of course, just add objects below all areas of the map but it would take a long time and might exceed the object limit.

There must be a semi-auto way to do something like that (just like you can process the file to line up multiple objects or create geometric patterns etc), the map files being plain text should help offer a way.

It took a while for me to work out what I was actually doing after loading those map files into the editor, but when I checked out the objects in the map and looked their locations up on the radar, I found LC easily :D

Quick note, F6 will center on anything you highlight in map editor element menus.

Are you still making this map?

I started solidifying a bunch of LC, and then I thought I would come and see if anyone already made an LC map. I saw the maps but none of them had very good collision things for the stuff. Mine is pretty smooth and anywhere there should be a wall there is, and you can get to the roads you see. I'm almost completely done with the first 3 blocks of the map, but I want to make it all solid.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I started making it... And then I stumble upon this =\

Here's what I made so far..

Most of what you see is touchable, except buldings. I haven't done them yet.

I'm adding more and more to this every day....

I'm having some problems with corners though. Can anyone give advice on corners?

HERE

Edited by Guest
  • 4 weeks later...

I hope they gonna higher the limit! I hope for you they do!

But theres another way to get LC, just create a file in "C:\Program Files\MTA San Andreas\mods\map_editor\objects" [default path], called "LC Objects.models". And put

3906 LC Street/Building [1]
3905 LC Street/Building [2]
3897 LC Street/Building [3]
3899 LC Street/Building [4]
3893 LC Street/Building [5]
3907 LC Street/Building [6]
3903 LC Street/Building [7]
3891 LC Street/Building [8]
3890 LC Street/Building [9]
3892 LC Street/Building [10]
3894 LC Street/Building [11]
3900 LC Street/Building [12]
3911 LC Street/Building [13]
3895 LC Street/Building [14]
3898 LC Street/Building [15]
3902 LC Street/Building [16]
3917 LC Street/Building [17]
3923 LC Roads [far away]
3918 LS Snow [1]
3914 LS Snow [2]
3915 LS Snow [3]
3916 LS Snow [4]

in it. It doesnt have the lod, but the most important is in it.

And if you do want LOD in it, place

3901 LC LOD [1]
3904 LC LOD [2]
3908 LC LOD [3]
3896 LC LOD [4]
3912 LC LOD [5]
3909 LC LOD [6]
3913 LC LOD [7]

in it too!

Not that you really need it cause you already have LC, but now you can use the objects individual.

And if your good with mapping, you can also recreate LC with this.

• 2 weeks later...
why can't you just import the objects straight from GTA 3?

scold me if that was a noobish question.

you should be able to do that (put the objects of gta 3 in gta sa), but a .map file only contains a model ID, the models itself are in gta, which means, you can only do that, if all mta players have the objects of gta3 in SA, which most dont have. There is some mod that puts LC, VC, and SA together (with engine of SA), but then too, not all players will have it. So you can get the objects in Single player, but its pretty hard to get them in mta maps.

Besides, the objects you add extra, wont be placed in mta map editor list (just an text file with ID and name) (you'd have to do that yourself).

i only said its possible to put in single player, not that its easy! I somewhere read that the models are written in a different language!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...